Casual Gaming Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Casual Xbox Gaming Community.

We will be playing Burnout Paradise on Monday evenings and Strange Brigade on Friday evenings starting at 9pm Eastern

2 posters

Professional Farmer 2017?!?!

techjedi
    techjedi
    Delta-One

Professional Farmer 2017?!?! Empty Professional Farmer 2017?!?!

Post by techjedi Fri Jun 10, 2016 8:57 am

Seriously? This is a game that was developed and published?

Game Description: Enjoy the life of a farmer with all its amazing tasks and challenges! Drive your original vehicles, cultivate your fields, take care of your animals and market your produce! Different seasons and weather conditions guarantee realistic game fun. Earn from your experiences as a farmer, use your knowledge to enjoy the satisfaction a farmer feels when sitting in front of the fireplace in a beautiful farmhouse after a hard working day. Your efforts will be rewarded – the better your fields are tilled, the more animals you breed, the more products you produce, the better the income available for new machines, larger fields and tractors.

Dude, I am SO going to create a new game... Software Developer 2018 - "Enjoy the life of software developer! Commute to the office, partake in SCRUM meetings, debug broken code, and fuel up on coffee. Earn experience to level up for fixing software bugs, shipping completed software, surviving deadline crunches, and befriending your boss. The longer you work and the more software you ship, the more income you earn and higher up the company you'll climb... while your personal life starts to crumble. Do you have what it takes to succeed without burning out?"

It would probably turn out something like this:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZY623-hft0
    JohnPicklewilly
    JohnPicklewilly
    Delta-One

Professional Farmer 2017?!?! Empty Re: Professional Farmer 2017?!?!

Post by JohnPicklewilly Fri Jun 10, 2016 9:52 am

Laughing Laughing That's pretty funny!

In all fairness, I have three of the Farming Simulator games. I enjoy playing them. I actually find them relaxing. It's kinda nice playing a game where someone isn't trying to kill you all the time.
    techjedi
    techjedi
    Delta-One

Post by techjedi Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:02 am

Yeah, I know... there are people who really enjoy simulators (possibly not something to truly consider a "game"). One of my former managers had his pilot's license and really enjoyed the MS Flight Simulator series. It just seems funny to me to make a game/simulator out of a person's career -- one that is not squarely in the entertainment genre (e.g. Rock Band, sports titles, and racing games could be considered "career simulators" of sorts).

Seeing as I work on a computer all day, I'd much rather go outside and do ACTUAL farming/landscaping on a small scale if the mood struck me. Coincidentally, my little garden at home is coming along nicely. We have white potatoes, cauliflower, pickling cucumbers, 3 types of peppers, snap peas, string beans, and carrots all coming along nicely. And somehow, I fit all that into a relatively small area (I can't recall if it's 3'x6' or 4'x8')
    JohnPicklewilly
    JohnPicklewilly
    Delta-One

Post by JohnPicklewilly Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:30 am

I get it that these types of simulators/games aren't for everyone just like fighting games, RPG's, shooters, etc. aren't for everyone. As a data analyst, I sit and look at computer monitors all day. I like to spend some of my recreational time being more active. It's one reason I enjoy doing yard work and little projects around the house.

Would I play a coding simulator? I don't know. I've done some VBA coding. I'm not good at it. I'm just lazy and I want my computer to do my work for me. Smile
    techjedi
    techjedi
    Delta-One

Post by techjedi Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:42 am

I will admit, it is sort of nice to see the bleed-over of traditional PC-only genres making the jump to console -- which seems to be a goal that Microsoft is charging headlong towards -- since it lowers the barrier to entry, typically being some reasonable knowledge of how to build/purchase/maintain a gaming-level PC.

As for my proposed coding simulator... there likely would not be a ton of raw coding (otherwise it would require a keyboard or chatpad), but instead it might have some logic puzzles where you need to find the correct sequence of objects in order to fix the flaw in the setup. If you've played Saints Row IV store hacking, or the old Nintendo Pipe Dreams, those are some examples. The other side might be some level of Blockly-style coding, which is how Code.org teaches kids how to code (drag-and-drop code functions to build a program).

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:16 am