Casual Gaming Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Casual Xbox Gaming Community.

We will be playing Burnout Paradise on Monday evenings and Strange Brigade on Friday evenings starting at 9pm Eastern

3 posters

Rocket League: More Fun Than a Barrel of Monkeys and Juvenile Humor

FreakyRO
    FreakyRO
    CIC Officer

Rocket League: More Fun Than a Barrel of Monkeys and Juvenile Humor Empty Rocket League: More Fun Than a Barrel of Monkeys and Juvenile Humor

Post by FreakyRO Fri Jun 10, 2016 8:53 pm

Getting back from vacation this week I knew I had to finish up D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die before I tackled my teeny weeny ... list, and that was the plan until I saw that Rocket League was free until Sunday and a relatively easy complettion. I decided to ignore my teeny weeny a couple more days and dive into Rocket League. I promised myself to give my teeny weeny plenty of attention afterwards.

A day later I can honestly say Rocket League is pure fun. The gameplay basically boils down to 1v1 up to 4v4 teams of battle vehicles, online games or offline with AI bots, soccer, basketball, or hockey style. There's jumping, boosting, aerial maneuvers, and blowing up the competition. What more could you ask for? Skill? Don't need it. It's a fast paced racer-sport hybrid that pleases the more baser instincts of the competitive nature. I found myself shouting at my television as if I were watching a live match on the pitch.

Achievement wise Rocket League is pretty straightforward. 720 of the 1000 is rather easy to get and will come with regular gameplay in seasons and online or exhibition matches. The reamaining 280 has a couple grindy achievements, and achievements that depend on the grindy ones to get the needed collectables. Easy, but a little time consuming. Completable in about 8-10 hours.

Although Rocket League is really fun, and has an easy achievement list, I still wouldn't pay more than $5 for it. I'm glad it is free this weekend, and I am glad that I played it, but unless it's an eventual GWG I don't see myself buying this. Lots of fun, but not much to offer other than the three different game modes. I give Rocket League 3 Bicycle Kicks and 2 Own Goals.

Now I need to go and get a firm grasp on my teeny weeny...
    kbeau73
    kbeau73
    Delta-One

Rocket League: More Fun Than a Barrel of Monkeys and Juvenile Humor Empty Re: Rocket League: More Fun Than a Barrel of Monkeys and Juvenile Humor

Post by kbeau73 Wed Jun 15, 2016 9:39 am

I hadn't seen this until now and after playing during the demo period I would have to disagree on only one item... I'd pay up to 10 bucks for this game. I know it's a relatively easy completion but I think of all the fun we could have as a group. Imagine a 1 on 1 tournament for us all to compete in.

Personally I'm attempting to come up with some more of these tournament ideas... I think the teeny weeny was a good start. I just would like to expand to make us have to game with one another. :p
    techjedi
    techjedi
    Delta-One

Rocket League: More Fun Than a Barrel of Monkeys and Juvenile Humor Empty Re: Rocket League: More Fun Than a Barrel of Monkeys and Juvenile Humor

Post by techjedi Wed Jun 15, 2016 9:45 am

Eh, 1v1 tournament might be fun, but I'd rather get into some kooky 2v2 or 3v3 matches. However, I'd have to say I might be willing to part with like $7.50 ... less than $10, but not trivially (like, oh hey look we dropped it to $9.99!), but more than $5.
    kbeau73
    kbeau73
    Delta-One

Post by kbeau73 Wed Jun 15, 2016 9:48 am

Yeah, I was thinking 2 v 2 would be good but I wasn't sure enough people would eventually get this game. :p

Ideally I guess I'd shoot for 60% off or so. It's possible they do a 75% but I wouldn't hold my breath. I can honestly say though, it's a very, very fun game. And I didn't even check out the basketball and wasn't aware they had hockey. (is it true?)
    FreakyRO
    FreakyRO
    CIC Officer

Post by FreakyRO Tue Jun 21, 2016 12:50 pm

Maybe I'd pick it up for $10, it is a really fun game. And they do have hockey. It would be really fun to do 2v2 tournaments on this.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:27 am