Casual Gaming Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Casual Xbox Gaming Community.

We will be playing Burnout Paradise on Monday evenings and Strange Brigade on Friday evenings starting at 9pm Eastern

2 posters

Resident Evil

kbeau73
    kbeau73
    Delta-One

Resident Evil Empty Resident Evil

Post by kbeau73 Fri Jun 17, 2016 1:54 pm

So lately @JohnPicklewilly and I have been playing Resident Evil 5 and I've been having a blast. We've run into some quick time events on Veteran and while it was frustrating, it wasn't anything we couldn't handle. When we completed the Veteran playthrough it felt very good but I wasn't sure how the Professional playthrough would do. Well, we're about halfway through (I think we hit level 4-2 out of 6-3 last night) and I've got to say, there was really only one part that I wasn't sure we were going to get by but we finally did. Most of the quick time events haven't been all that bad either. In fact, I think the most we had to replay an event was 2 times. There are a couple more coming up but I'm seriously thinking we're not going to have a problem. JPW and I have talked about what we would like to work on next and while nothing has been set in stone, we're considering Resident Evil 6.

Speaking of Resident Evil, has anyone seen the previews of RE 7? If not, it's pretty scary in my opinion but it looks like it could be a lot of fun. It's a first person point of view so that's the biggest difference I've noticed so far. Other than the enhanced graphics that is.

We've got our Gears session tonight where I hope to hit level 50 and hope to also knock off the Blood in the Sand achievement. Hopefully we'll finish this in enough time to jump back to Waves 1-20. As of right now I think we've got mrtnmitchell, myself, JPW & tech so there's a spot for one other person. Obviously whoever needs the achievement will get priority. Might check with Rob to see if he's interested.

Onto my trackers...
    Xbox 360 Tracker:
    Gears of War 2 Goals - No new progress to report. Working on Horde, Annex and leveling.
    Resident Evil 5 Goals - We are about halfway through the Professional run. When I've completed this I'll figure out if it's worth getting the DLC.
    Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City Goals - No real progress other than killing 13 zombified teammates. Still need to work on the S Playthrough.
    Vancouver 2010 Goals - No progress, need gold medals in Bobsled, Luge, Skeleton, 2 challenges and the MP stuff.
    Gears of War 3 Goals - No progress on this one... mostly need ribbons, medals and leveling.

Xbox One Tracker:
    Limbo Goals - COMPLETED
    Rocket League Goals - This was free over the weekend and it was a TON of fun. I'll definitely be buying this one at some point. It's listed as $20 so if it gets below 10... it's worth it in my opinion. I've even considered buying it now.
    Chariot - The wife and I have been working on this one together. We're on the hidden level and last time we played we made absolutely no progress on this one. We're aiming for uncovering 100% on every level and getting all the skulls... we are sitting at 74/75. The hidden level is no joke!

To-Do List Tracker:
    I'm currently sitting at 1/5. Planning on definitely attempting the Destiny one as well as the Turok one. Baja is going to be a stretch because I've heard it was very hard. And Dead Rising I believe will take me quite awhile to get it done so I may just skip over that one.
    JohnPicklewilly
    JohnPicklewilly
    Delta-One

Resident Evil Empty Re: Resident Evil

Post by JohnPicklewilly Fri Jun 17, 2016 2:14 pm

I'll be happy to help you with your Turok to-do for this month. We can push to finish RE5 within the next week and then focus on Turok. I'll have to look at the achievement you need. If it requires a time commitment, we can put RE5 on hold and knock Turok off your list.
    kbeau73
    kbeau73
    Delta-One

Post by kbeau73 Fri Jun 17, 2016 2:45 pm

To be quite honest, I'm not really sure what that achievement entails or how many people are needed to do it. I'll check it out later this evening. I forget what are on your list but did you need any help?
    JohnPicklewilly
    JohnPicklewilly
    Delta-One

Post by JohnPicklewilly Fri Jun 17, 2016 2:57 pm

The Hometown Hero achievement in Turok can be knocked out in 15 minutes or less.  Here is the solution from TA: "The description can be a little misleading. You are not capturing flags, you are returning yours after your opponent has captured it. To do so, kill the flag carrier, then walk over the flag for an automatic return. Repeat 4 more times and it will unlock in-game. Easily done in CTF or Assault CTF with a single boosting partner."

I'll take a look at my list and see if there is anything you can help with.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:12 am