Annual To Do List Challenge Rules & Information

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Annual To Do List Challenge Rules & Information

Post by kbeau73 on Wed Oct 05, 2016 2:09 pm

This contest is open to all CGC members and will be run by @kbeau73 and @JohnPicklewilly.

Contestants must have at least 34 unfinished games on the gamertags with 3 or more achievements that haven't been won. This is to maintain competitive balance for this contest.

Each contestant will have 100 random achievements assigned to them, these achievements can start being unlocked on October 1st, 2016.

You may re-roll a single achievement for every 10 that you unlock, maxing out at 9 potential re-rolls (if you were to unlock 90 achievements on your list). The re-rolled achievement will be chosen as the other 100. Once that re-roll has taken place, the new achievement will be assigned to that contestant.

Achievements that have been assigned should NOT be flagged on TA as unobtainable or a DLC unless the contestant already has the DLC. If such an achievement is made known, it will be re-rolled by the admins.

We don't currently have a prize system in place so as of right now, we'll go with bragging rights. Smile

These rules can and most likely will be revised at some point in the event that I forgot something.

NOTE: You can sign up for this event at any time.

Delta-One

http://casualgaming.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Annual To Do List Challenge Rules & Information

Post by ChiT0wnRedneck on Thu Oct 20, 2016 1:31 am

I would like to sign up. Let me finish up redoing my backlog here on the site and hopefully it's ok to draw from that.

ChiT0wnRedneck
Ticker

Back to top Go down

Post by JohnPicklewilly on Thu Oct 20, 2016 7:23 am

@ChiT0wnRedneck wrote:I would like to sign up. Let me finish up redoing my backlog here on the site and hopefully it's ok to draw from that.

Excellent! I will likely draw your achievements this weekend.

JohnPicklewilly
Community Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms Dudette on Thu Oct 20, 2016 7:59 am

so much for the little guy
you see, I was really hyped about this contest. It was something that I could do. I dont have very many games. so the first cpl months were so-so...either decent to achieve or far beyond the point.
Well, I started a few new to me games (10 games) so I could have a variety for the pickings. got 1 achievement in each so they could be added to my list of games on TA. Woop I was all set and ready to go.
None of these games got added to the pickings. Understandable, sort of (not really but nvm) Ok on to the next month.
Geez they went and changed it to a yearly competition of 100 achievements. Ok a little half wall for me. After thinking it over...yeah I'll give it a chance. sounds fun...sign me up.
But wait...have to read before speaking. I read the terms and consitions of this new contest...and guess what...I dont qualify.
B..S...

This on top of not being able to participate in the nightly social events...because I dont have the games. I know and understand that I cant be involved in everything. But something would be nice. I even purchased titanfall xb1 because someone said we would be playing it following gears3 on Fridays. That didnt happen either. Fridays was changed to something else, then returned to gears 3

Ok then gears3, which became an even bigger chaos...for me that is. I thought ok, work on fortifications. I had one left, but wasnt able to work on it the last 2 sessions of horde.
Ms Dudette
CIC Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by JohnPicklewilly on Thu Oct 20, 2016 2:46 pm

@Ms Dudette wrote: After thinking it over...yeah I'll give it a chance. sounds fun...sign me up.
But wait...have to read before speaking. I read the terms and consitions of this new contest...and guess what...I dont qualify.

Hey Dudette!

Why do you say you don't qualify? I counted your unfinished games on TA. You have enough.

JohnPicklewilly
Community Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by ChiT0wnRedneck on Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:21 pm

Sounds good JP my list is officially updated. Just remember to use the list from this site not TA because I have more than a few games I haven't got a achievement in that I want to be in play for this contest. Thanks for all the work you and Kevin do for this site it's a pleasure to game with everyone here.

ChiT0wnRedneck
Ticker

Back to top Go down

Post by kbeau73 on Fri Oct 21, 2016 2:27 pm

@Ms Dudette wrote:so much for the little guy
you see, I was really hyped about this contest. It was something that I could do. I dont have very many games. so the first cpl months were so-so...either decent to achieve or far beyond the point.
Well, I started a few new to me games (10 games) so I could have a variety for the pickings. got 1 achievement in each so they could be added to my list of games on TA. Woop I was all set and ready to go.
None of these games got added to the pickings. Understandable, sort of (not really but nvm) Ok on to the next month.
Geez they went and changed it to a yearly competition of 100 achievements. Ok a little half wall for me. After thinking it over...yeah I'll give it a chance. sounds fun...sign me up.
B..S...

This on top of not being able to participate in the nightly social events...because I dont have the games. I know and understand that I cant be involved in everything. But something would be nice. I even purchased titanfall xb1 because someone said we would be playing it following gears3 on Fridays. That didnt happen either. Fridays was changed to something else, then returned to gears 3

Ok then gears3, which became an even bigger chaos...for me that is. I thought ok, work on fortifications. I had one left, but wasnt able to work on it the last 2 sessions of horde.

Just a response in response to your post...

The monthly contest went to yearly due to logistics and less maintenance work for Greg and I. Unfortunately it affected a couple of you. @Malagizmo also was affected and was very gracious in his response and I really appreciated it. Where you chose to take the opposite approach.

The contest is drawn randomly so if you have an issue with that, talk to Random.org and the algorithms .
Titanfall was talked about and @FreakyRO mentioned about setting up Wednesdays or Thursdays but then he moved and is busy. Titanfall is definitely something we'll be working on at some point. If you'd like me to set up a Thursday (or any other night) session, feel free to post it in the forums.

As for GoW 3, I believe you and I are the only ones that need Silverback fortification so I have no issue with us both working on it at the same time. I believe everyone else is working on other fortifications.

Delta-One

Back to top Go down

Post by JohnPicklewilly on Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:16 am

We're approximately one month into the annual To Do List Challenge.  @checo316 is on track to get his list completed by the end of the twelve months.  The rest of us need to get busy!

JohnPicklewilly
Community Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by kbeau73 on Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:41 am

I'm thinking I should change my approach to just work on achievements that are on my list.

Delta-One

Back to top Go down

Post by kbeau73 on Sun Nov 13, 2016 6:15 pm

Hey @JohnPicklewilly,

I'm going to need a re-roll for the Xbox Live Labs because I don't see it available to re-download.

Secondly, I don't think I own Battlefield 4 for the 360 anymore but I'm not 100% sure. I can either take a re-roll or I can use the same achievement but work on it on Xbox One. This one I have to research so don't do anything with it yet.

Delta-One

Back to top Go down

Post by JohnPicklewilly on Thu Nov 17, 2016 6:43 pm

I drew another achievement to replace the Xbox Live Labs achievement. You got one for Guitar Hero: Van Halen.

JohnPicklewilly
Community Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by kbeau73 on Fri Nov 18, 2016 9:40 am

Thank you sir!

Delta-One

Back to top Go down

Post by JohnPicklewilly on Sat Dec 03, 2016 12:22 pm

Here's an update on the progress of the Annual To Do List Challenge: