Casual Gaming Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Casual Xbox Gaming Community.

We will be playing Burnout Paradise on Monday evenings and Strange Brigade on Friday evenings starting at 9pm Eastern

2 posters

What's going on in my life...

kbeau73
    kbeau73
    Delta-One

What's going on in my life... Empty What's going on in my life...

Post by kbeau73 Thu Oct 27, 2016 4:25 pm

So, as some of you probably already know I've purchased a house and last week was basically spent on packing and moving. I'm happy to say we're pretty much all set in the new house with the exception of the garage... it's a mess but one I can live with for a bit. I figured I'd be saying goodbye to my streak due to the packing / moving but the iOS version of Minecraft saved me. Smile (I think I'm on 120 days.. my goal is 1,000 achievements though)

On a gaming note, I was trying to formulate a plan for tackling my To-Do List and initially I was just going to go in a random order but wasn't sure where to start. After some thinking and planning I decided I would start at the top of my list... first up was Alice: Madness Returns.

I really enjoyed this one. It pretty much met any expectations of being dark. I don't know exactly how long it took me to complete but it had to be close to 25 hours or so. There are only 6 ACTS with multiple chapters in each Act. While I enjoyed the game, I think they could've easily made this into 10 different ACTS, I think I just felt like each ACT took quite awhile to make it through. Then there were collectables along with some replaying of the end of each chapter on Nightmare. When you get it all said and done, you'll gain 900 gamerscore and there is a free DLC which I really wouldn't suggest. It's a port from the PC game and the controls just plain suck. The jumping is off, the path can be at times confusing and the graphics aren't anything to write home about. Had it not been free, I most likely would've passed on this one. I was able to complete the base game and DLC so I'm done with this one. It's going to Mitch next and I'd be curious to see what he thought of it.

So with that game being completed and the achievement taken off my To-Do List I wasn't really sure what to start next. While I was waiting on hearing about the closing of my house I started up Kinect Sports Gems: 10 Frame Bowling and knocked another achievement off my list pretty quickly. I also started to play Alone In The Dark and while the controls can be a bit off, overall I'm liking the game. From what I've heard it's a pretty easy completion so I'll be doing this one prior to working on the next achievement on my To-Do List.

I've felt for awhile like the sessions we've had outgrow themselves so I've decided to switch it up some and hopefully everyone will be on board with the changes. I like the idea of picking a single game and working on it for that specific month. Starting a week from Halloween we'll be playing a new game. Hopefully if anyone is upset or wanted to continue working on Red Dead Redemption or Gears 3 they will let it be known and if the majority agrees, I'm fine with whatever. I'd just like to keep things fresh. At some point I would like to attempt to knock off the Guardian achievement but that would require 6 of us that have the DLC and 4 of us would have to have an extra controller.

Just so that a few of you know, my gaming schedule might change a bit so I'll either be late to some sessions or I might not be able to make them. My wife and I have decided to get cable again (mainly for the Boston Bruins games) so on most game nights, I won't be on until 9:30 or so. Last night the game started at 8 so the earliest I could've been on is 10:30 and by that time I figured it would be a good idea to just call it a night. The next game is on Saturday so Friday I should be on at normal time. Looking forward to catching up with some/all of you.
    JohnPicklewilly
    JohnPicklewilly
    Delta-One

What's going on in my life... Empty Re: What's going on in my life...

Post by JohnPicklewilly Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:25 pm

Is hockey a thing?
    kbeau73
    kbeau73
    Delta-One

Post by kbeau73 Fri Oct 28, 2016 9:57 am

JohnPicklewilly wrote:Is hockey a thing?

You are soooo NOT funny! Razz
    JohnPicklewilly
    JohnPicklewilly
    Delta-One

Post by JohnPicklewilly Fri Oct 28, 2016 2:31 pm

No, but George Carlin is:
    "People think hockey is a sport. Hockey is not sport. Hockey is three activities going on at the same time: ice skating, playing with a puck, and beating the sh** out of somebody. If these guys were intelligent at all, they would do these things one at a time. First you go ice-skating, then you play with a puck, then you go to the bar and beat the sh** out of somebody. The day would last a lot longer, and these guys would have a whole lot more fun.

Tell you another reason hockey is not a sport -- it's not played with a ball. Anything that isn't played with a ball can't be a sport. These are my rules, I make them up. Hockey is played with a puck. What is a puck? I never even heard of a puck outside of hockey. The only other place you'll find a puck is in the urinal to control the smell in the bathroom. And as far as I'm concerned, any game where the main object is something that came out of a urinal is definitely not a sport."
    kbeau73
    kbeau73
    Delta-One

Post by kbeau73 Fri Oct 28, 2016 3:13 pm

Haha, now THAT was funny! I'll give you that one... but hockey is still a sport. :p

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:53 am