Minecraft 8:45pm EST [12-9-2016]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Minecraft 8:45pm EST [12-9-2016]

Post by kbeau73 on Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:59 am

Session 3 of Minecraft.. we will continue setting up our world for achievements. It would be good for us to have a plan but not totally necessary. I know I will personally be mining the heck out of the world below for Iron, Diamonds & Emeralds. (Gold too)

Attending:
@kbeau73
@JohnPicklewilly

Last edited by kbeau73 on Tue Dec 06, 2016 12:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

Delta-One

http://casualgaming.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Minecraft 8:45pm EST [12-9-2016]

Post by JohnPicklewilly on Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:36 am

I'll be attending. I was just looking at the spreadsheet and noticed there are a handful of easy achievements I can help Mitch with, providing he's attending. Another thing that he and I might do, if it hasn't already been done, is look for a jungle biome. He needs to tame an ocelot.

JohnPicklewilly
Community Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by mrtnmitchell on Tue Dec 06, 2016 12:55 pm

Yeah I'll be there just have no clue what you just said I need to tame lol.... Razz
mrtnmitchell
CIC Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by kbeau73 on Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:09 pm

I think the next time I'm on I am going to work on getting the dyes for the wool. Either that or I'm going to navigate the nether... or perhaps even mine some more. Who knows, this game is so much fun.

Delta-One

Back to top Go down

Post by kbeau73 on Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:51 am

I think one of my personal goals for Friday's session is to find a jungle to find some cocoa to make some dye. I also set up a slime block for the trampoline achievement so those of you that don't have it will quickly be able to get it on Friday night.

Delta-One

Back to top Go down

Post by HyruleBalverine on Wed Dec 07, 2016 4:29 pm

I plan on being there. As I really don't know what I should be doing to help, somebody should give me some direction. Otherwise, I'll just end up wandering and chopping stuff down out in the wild Laughing
HyruleBalverine

Back to top Go down

Post by kbeau73 on Wed Dec 07, 2016 4:31 pm

@HyruleBalverine wrote:I plan on being there. As I really don't know what I should be doing to help, somebody should give me some direction. Otherwise, I'll just end up wandering and chopping stuff down out in the wild Laughing

I would say you could either go down in the mines and look for iron/gold/emeralds or help JPW and I look for a jungle. It's possible there isn't one in the game but it's worth looking for none the less. Smile

My goal is to set up achievements for all, I've set something up for the trampoline achievement and will be working on other stuff on Friday Night.

Delta-One

Back to top Go down

Post by HyruleBalverine on Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:41 am

Cool. As far as achievements go, I need pretty much anything not part of the base game (I got a few last week).
HyruleBalverine

Back to top Go down

Post by techjedi on Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:41 am

Yeah, I'll need the trampoline achievement as well. I already have all the wool dyed, except for brown, which requires the cocoa beans.

From what I was reading, you need to actually "collect" the different colored wool blocks, which means two things: you craft it and it automatically enters your inventory; or you break a placed wool block so you collect the entity item and have it enter your inventory.

So we only need brown wool... which means either we get lucky and come across a brown sheep in wild, or we find cocoa beans. Then we can proudly display all the colored wool someplace for people to break/pick-up.

I can help explore for the brown sheep or jungle, or maybe I'll gear up and head into the nether to find a Nether Fortress.

Side note... do we have a record to go with the jukebox? I didn't get that achievement yet.
techjedi
Delta-One

Back to top Go down

Post by kbeau73 on Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:24 am

@techjedi wrote:Yeah, I'll need the trampoline achievement as well.  I already have all the wool dyed, except for brown, which requires the cocoa beans.

From what I was reading, you need to actually "collect" the different colored wool blocks, which means two things: you craft it and it automatically enters your inventory; or you break a placed wool block so you collect the entity item and have it enter your inventory.

So we only need brown wool... which means either we get lucky and come across a brown sheep in wild, or we find cocoa beans.  Then we can proudly display all the colored wool someplace for people to break/pick-up.

I can help explore for the brown sheep or jungle, or maybe I'll gear up and head into the nether to find a Nether Fortress.

Side note... do we have a record to go with the jukebox? I didn't get that achievement yet.

Yeah, from what I saw it seems pretty simple once you actually have all the wool made. I went over most of the area and couldn't find a jungle anywhere. I think it'll be good if we send out multiple parties. A lot of what I read makes it seem like you put the wool in a chest and then whoever needs the achievment breaks the chest and picks it up and boom.

I'd also like to head into the nether because there are things we need to do for some of the remaining achievments. From what I read it mentioned going into the nether in creative mode but I'm thinking that might void the achievement. I'll have to check into it some more before trying anything.

Delta-One

Back to top Go down

Post by techjedi on Thu Dec 08, 2016 7:43 pm

You can't get achievements in creative mode, and if you convert to creative mode in a world, you can't get achievements in that world anymore. Otherwise it would be way too easy to just prime a world with all that you need to get the achievements.

Also, I remembered the other thing I wanted to work on at some point... finding that skeleton spawner that Shadows(James) found, so I can convert it to a skeleton grinder == unlimited arrows, bones, and occasionally bows. If we can't create enough bows with Infinity/Unbreaking enchants, we'll need a lot of arrows for the Ender Dragon and Wither fights.
techjedi
Delta-One

Back to top Go down

Post by kbeau73 on Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:09 am

@techjedi wrote:You can't get achievements in creative mode, and if you convert to creative mode in a world, you can't get achievements in that world anymore. Otherwise it would be way too easy to just prime a world with all that you need to get the achievements.

Also, I remembered the other thing I wanted to work on at some point... finding that skeleton spawner that Shadows(James) found, so I can convert it to a skeleton grinder == unlimited arrows, bones, and occasionally bows. If we can't create enough bows with Infinity/Unbreaking enchants, we'll need a lot of arrows for the Ender Dragon and Wither fights.

Good news on the Skeleton thing you made last night. I mined it out a bit and was easily able to knock off the Sniper Duel achievement. What we have to do is to aim level with the torch in the distance and it should unlock no issues. We'll get that for the masses next Monday or whenever we play again.

Delta-One

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top