Minecraft 8:45pm EST [12-12-2016]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Minecraft 8:45pm EST [12-12-2016]

Post by kbeau73 on Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:28 pm

We've got some options for this evenings session...

Work on making a train that would satisfy the requirements for the achievement.

Journey into the Nether Realm

Journey into the End Portal which would require us to kill some more Endermen.

The possibilities are endless. Smile

Last edited by kbeau73 on Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

Delta-One

http://casualgaming.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Minecraft 8:45pm EST [12-12-2016]

Post by kbeau73 on Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:30 pm

Btw, I won't be available until like 10pm due to the Bruins/Habs game. I will do like last time and load up the world for you guys. This time I'll be sure to keep my controller active so it doesn't time out.

Delta-One

Back to top Go down

Post by techjedi on Mon Dec 12, 2016 3:02 pm

I tried grabbing brown wool in a different world this weekend, but it unfortunately did not pop the wool achievement. I'll probably be double-checking the wool colors that I have in the chest to make sure that I do in fact have all 15 colors in there, and only missing the 16th one, brown.

I can either continue the stronghold/mineshaft/cave exploration to see if we can find cocoa beans -- though I suppose searching the Nether Fortress for chests might also turn those up. I'd like to try again for that "Return to Sender" with the ghast, but last time there was just enough lag that I couldn't seem to hit the fireballs properly.

As for the End Portal... I think there's one thing we need to keep in mind for that. Once we enter The End, we cannot go back unless we beat the Ender Dragon or die. And I'm not sure that Microsoft has added the ability to respawn the Ender Dragon in the Xbox versions of the game. Therefore, that should be one of the last achievements we shoot for -- or we only kill the Ender Dragon with auto-save disabled.
techjedi
Delta-One

Back to top Go down

Post by kbeau73 on Mon Dec 12, 2016 4:17 pm

Yeah, I was thinking I would also like to check the dyes / wool because I totally could've missed something. I had even thought about starting up another world in an attempt to just find a brown sheep or some cocoa beans but didn't get around to it.

I'm up for any of the above. Unfortunately my time will be limited this evening due to the hockey game but I'd like to continue the exploration JPW and I were doing. Or perhaps we move to another part of the world and start digging there.

I wasn't sure about the whole Ender Dragon so we can either wait until it's our last achievement or we can certainly play with Auto-save disabled.

On a side note, I just noticed that I never got the achievement for the Iron Golem which I KNOW I did... weird.

Delta-One

Back to top Go down

Post by JohnPicklewilly on Tue Dec 13, 2016 7:38 am

According to the Minecraft wiki, the End Dragon can be re-spawned:
Players can re-spawn the ender dragon once the fight is completed, by placing four ender crystals atop the exit portal, one on each side.

Ender crystals can be crafted from seven glass, an eye of ender and a Ghast tear.  So while it can be re-spawned, it could take some effort since Ghast tears are not easily obtained.
JohnPicklewilly
Community Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by techjedi on Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:44 am

@JohnPicklewilly wrote:According to the Minecraft wiki, the End Dragon can be re-spawned:
Players can re-spawn the ender dragon once the fight is completed, by placing four ender crystals atop the exit portal, one on each side.

Ender crystals can be crafted from seven glass, an eye of ender and a Ghast tear.  So while it can be re-spawned, it could take some effort since Ghast tears are not easily obtained.

That wiki covers both the PC and console versions of the game. While the ender crystals exist in the console version of the game (they have to, as they are part of the ender dragon fight), I'm not sure they are craftable in the Xbox version yet. We should check for that first, just to be safe.
techjedi
Delta-One

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top