Casual Gaming Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Casual Xbox Gaming Community.

We will be playing Burnout Paradise on Monday evenings and Strange Brigade on Friday evenings starting at 9pm Eastern

2 posters

December 2016 . . . So Far

JohnPicklewilly
    JohnPicklewilly
    Delta-One

December 2016 . . . So Far Empty December 2016 . . . So Far

Post by JohnPicklewilly Sun Dec 18, 2016 7:31 pm

I haven't unlocked that many achievements so far this month.  After analyzing why that might be, I determined that it's not due to reduced playing time.  It's due to Minecraft.  I've been playing a good bit of Minecraft this month.  Not only have I been participating in our game nights.  But @kbeau73 and I have been playing a good bit lately on other nights.  Frankly, it's been tempting to spend all of my gaming time playing Minecraft.  I like this game that much!  

My achievement streak continues.  I unlocked 578 achievements over the past over the past 167 days.  I've been playing through some of my Telltale games to keep my streak going.  They are easy and interesting.  The achievements unlock pretty frequently. So, I can keep my streak going without a large time investment.

I finished Minecraft Story Mode.  Well, I've finished what has been published thus far anyway.  I spend an hour each week killing enemies in Gears of War 2.  My goal is to unlock Seriously 2.0 by the end of September 2017.  I've also been playing through Borderlands The Pre-Sequel on the 360.  One of the achievements on my Annual To Do List is to reach level 50 in that game.  I'm currently level 12.  So, I'll be playing it for a while.

Here's a summary of what I've accomplished so far this month:
    December 2016 . . . So Far Summary_161218_zpsoxgnznvb

I re-defined the categories for my backlog.  Previously, any game for which I unlocked more than a couple of achievements I categorized as On Hold.  After some consideration and analyzing, I realized that some of these games have been "On Hold" for several months.  I decided that Backlog would better describe the status of those games.  Therefore, you'll notice I changed the "Games Started - Incomplete" heading to "Currently Playing".  You'll also notice the number of games included in that category dramatically decreased.  The number of games included in the "Backlog" category dramatically increased.  The statistics for my "Total Backlog" were unaffected by this change.  Here's my updated backlog statistics:
    December 2016 . . . So Far Stats_161218_zpsjjzzac0v

Happy Gaming!
    kbeau73
    kbeau73
    Delta-One

December 2016 . . . So Far Empty Re: December 2016 . . . So Far

Post by kbeau73 Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:05 am

I've thought about getting a bit more analytical about my list but to be honest, it scares me to see how much I've binged on games. I've been good lately but that's mostly because I don't have any money. Razz In all seriousness though, I don't plan on buying anything new because it really is sad when I look at my backlog and how many games I currently have and there should be NO reason to add to that list. (unless a new Borderlands came out, or the free GwG titles of course)

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:00 am