Revolution WP

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Revolution WP

Post by xstaggerxleex on Sun May 01, 2016 12:08 pm

Anyone else have this? I need like 4 more people on my friends list that have it to show up on my leaderboard for a cheevo... thanks

xstaggerxleex
Ticker

Back to top Go down

Re: Revolution WP

Post by techjedi on Sun May 01, 2016 5:39 pm

As in WP = Windows Phone? No. I don't really do much in the way of mobile gaming. I have a couple iOS games, but rarely touch them.
techjedi
Delta-One

Back to top Go down

Post by kbeau73 on Sun May 01, 2016 6:20 pm

xstaggerxleex wrote:Anyone else have this? I need like 4 more people on my friends list that have it to show up on my leaderboard for a cheevo... thanks

At one point I thought about a Windows Phone but basically everyone and their mother talked me out of it. For my iOS phone I have 2 games that unlock Xbox achievements and like tech, I barely touch them anymore.

Delta-One

http://casualgaming.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by xstaggerxleex on Mon May 02, 2016 1:21 am

I only got the windows phone for more chances to play games with gamerscore... other than that the phone is shit

xstaggerxleex
Ticker

Back to top Go down

Post by kbeau73 on Mon May 02, 2016 10:17 am

xstaggerxleex wrote:I only got the windows phone for more chances to play games with gamerscore... other than that the phone is shit

That is pretty much what I've heard.... I love my phone but wish there were more apps that unlocked gamerscore for Xbox.

Delta-One

http://casualgaming.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by xstaggerxleex on Mon May 02, 2016 10:44 am

Honestly nothing is wrong with the phone, I enjoy the phone, what I dont enjoy is how a very large portion of companies will not make apps for the phone and how you have to 3rd party app any google product, for fucks sake, can those 2 companies get along for the consumer??? Other than the crappy app support, the phone is really good.

xstaggerxleex
Ticker

Back to top Go down

Post by techjedi on Tue May 03, 2016 8:58 am

*Ahem -- puts on his work hat* Since I work in the Internet tech industry, I can sort of address your question. The issue comes down to a simple cost/benefit analysis. The market is dominated by Apple iOS and Google Android compatible devices, with Windows and Blackberry lagging far behind. While I have heard high-praise from numerous people about the more recent versions of Windows phones, the fact remains that they are a niche market. Since WP, iOS, and Android are all essentially incompatible as application platforms, most developers only have the resources to commit to one, maybe 2 platforms -- in which case, majority rules.

That said, Microsoft did make a smart move in unifying their platforms (W10, WP, Xbox), so that a developer would write a single application that would run on any modern Windows device. But so far, they haven't touted enough "killer" reasons for people to ditch their current iOS/Android ecosystem... which if they could, then as the users go, so go the developers.
techjedi
Delta-One

Back to top Go down

Post by xstaggerxleex on Tue May 03, 2016 11:47 am

techjedi wrote:*Ahem -- puts on his work hat* Since I work in the Internet tech industry, I can sort of address your question. The issue comes down to a simple cost/benefit analysis. The market is dominated by Apple iOS and Google Android compatible devices, with Windows and Blackberry lagging far behind. While I have heard high-praise from numerous people about the more recent versions of Windows phones, the fact remains that they are a niche market. Since WP, iOS, and Android are all essentially incompatible as application platforms, most developers only have the resources to commit to one, maybe 2 platforms -- in which case, majority rules.

That said, Microsoft did make a smart move in unifying their platforms (W10, WP, Xbox), so that a developer would write a single application that would run on any modern Windows device. But so far, they haven't touted enough "killer" reasons for people to ditch their current iOS/Android ecosystem... which if they could, then as the users go, so go the developers.

oh I completely understand, still drives me nuts that google and MS cant get along enough for me to use youtube and IG w/o a 3rd party app. I was shocked when I set my phone up and it gave me the option to use my gmail. LOL

xstaggerxleex
Ticker

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top