Casual Xbox Gaming Community.


[10-8-2018] - Dungeon Siege III Starting at 9pm Eastern.

[10-19-2018] - Gears of War: Judgement Starting at 9pm Eastern.

    Revolution WP

    Share

    xstaggerxleex
    Ticker

    Posts : 17
    Join date : 2016-04-20

    Revolution WP

    Post by xstaggerxleex on Sun May 01, 2016 12:08 pm

    Anyone else have this? I need like 4 more people on my friends list that have it to show up on my leaderboard for a cheevo... thanks
    avatar
    techjedi
    Delta-One

    Posts : 112
    Join date : 2016-04-12

    Re: Revolution WP

    Post by techjedi on Sun May 01, 2016 5:39 pm

    As in WP = Windows Phone? No. I don't really do much in the way of mobile gaming. I have a couple iOS games, but rarely touch them.
    avatar
    kbeau73
    Delta-One

    Posts : 727
    Join date : 2016-04-12

    Re: Revolution WP

    Post by kbeau73 on Sun May 01, 2016 6:20 pm

    @xstaggerxleex wrote:Anyone else have this? I need like 4 more people on my friends list that have it to show up on my leaderboard for a cheevo... thanks

    At one point I thought about a Windows Phone but basically everyone and their mother talked me out of it. For my iOS phone I have 2 games that unlock Xbox achievements and like tech, I barely touch them anymore.


    _________________
    Always looking to boost and/or play co-op so if you've got a game in mind, send me a message and I'll let you know if I've got it and would like to boost.

    xstaggerxleex
    Ticker

    Posts : 17
    Join date : 2016-04-20

    Re: Revolution WP

    Post by xstaggerxleex on Mon May 02, 2016 1:21 am

    I only got the windows phone for more chances to play games with gamerscore... other than that the phone is shit
    avatar
    kbeau73
    Delta-One

    Posts : 727
    Join date : 2016-04-12

    Re: Revolution WP

    Post by kbeau73 on Mon May 02, 2016 10:17 am

    @xstaggerxleex wrote:I only got the windows phone for more chances to play games with gamerscore... other than that the phone is shit

    That is pretty much what I've heard.... I love my phone but wish there were more apps that unlocked gamerscore for Xbox.


    _________________
    Always looking to boost and/or play co-op so if you've got a game in mind, send me a message and I'll let you know if I've got it and would like to boost.

    xstaggerxleex
    Ticker

    Posts : 17
    Join date : 2016-04-20

    Re: Revolution WP

    Post by xstaggerxleex on Mon May 02, 2016 10:44 am

    Honestly nothing is wrong with the phone, I enjoy the phone, what I dont enjoy is how a very large portion of companies will not make apps for the phone and how you have to 3rd party app any google product, for fucks sake, can those 2 companies get along for the consumer??? Other than the crappy app support, the phone is really good.
    avatar
    techjedi
    Delta-One

    Posts : 112
    Join date : 2016-04-12

    Re: Revolution WP

    Post by techjedi on Tue May 03, 2016 8:58 am

    *Ahem -- puts on his work hat* Since I work in the Internet tech industry, I can sort of address your question. The issue comes down to a simple cost/benefit analysis. The market is dominated by Apple iOS and Google Android compatible devices, with Windows and Blackberry lagging far behind. While I have heard high-praise from numerous people about the more recent versions of Windows phones, the fact remains that they are a niche market. Since WP, iOS, and Android are all essentially incompatible as application platforms, most developers only have the resources to commit to one, maybe 2 platforms -- in which case, majority rules.

    That said, Microsoft did make a smart move in unifying their platforms (W10, WP, Xbox), so that a developer would write a single application that would run on any modern Windows device. But so far, they haven't touted enough "killer" reasons for people to ditch their current iOS/Android ecosystem... which if they could, then as the users go, so go the developers.

    xstaggerxleex
    Ticker

    Posts : 17
    Join date : 2016-04-20

    Re: Revolution WP

    Post by xstaggerxleex on Tue May 03, 2016 11:47 am

    @techjedi wrote:*Ahem -- puts on his work hat* Since I work in the Internet tech industry, I can sort of address your question. The issue comes down to a simple cost/benefit analysis. The market is dominated by Apple iOS and Google Android compatible devices, with Windows and Blackberry lagging far behind. While I have heard high-praise from numerous people about the more recent versions of Windows phones, the fact remains that they are a niche market. Since WP, iOS, and Android are all essentially incompatible as application platforms, most developers only have the resources to commit to one, maybe 2 platforms -- in which case, majority rules.

    That said, Microsoft did make a smart move in unifying their platforms (W10, WP, Xbox), so that a developer would write a single application that would run on any modern Windows device. But so far, they haven't touted enough "killer" reasons for people to ditch their current iOS/Android ecosystem... which if they could, then as the users go, so go the developers.


    oh I completely understand, still drives me nuts that google and MS cant get along enough for me to use youtube and IG w/o a 3rd party app. I was shocked when I set my phone up and it gave me the option to use my gmail. LOL

    Sponsored content

    Re: Revolution WP

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:35 pm