Casual Gaming Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Casual Xbox Gaming Community.

We will be playing Burnout Paradise on Monday evenings and Strange Brigade on Friday evenings starting at 9pm Eastern

3 posters

Resident Evil 5

kbeau73
    kbeau73
    Delta-One

Resident Evil 5 - Page 2 Empty Re: Resident Evil 5

Post by kbeau73 Thu Jun 23, 2016 10:05 am

Ok, watch a video where 2 people did it in like 21 minutes but I'm guessing that that won't be us. Razz It seems like the common way of killing those things in the prison is to basically get behind them somehow and shoot the eye.

Also, in the wesker fight it seems like you can shoot him when he's about to attack (not the cut scene lunge attack) which stuns him so at that point you should be able to punch or kick him. We might have to run through it a couple of times but watching this video made it look so easy. :p
    FreakyRO
    FreakyRO
    CIC Officer

Post by FreakyRO Thu Jun 23, 2016 4:01 pm

kbeau73
    kbeau73
    Delta-One

Post by kbeau73 Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:48 am

Well, we did a dry run the other night and I believe we're going to be able to get this done. The sewer / trapping those dudes is going to be tough but we'll get a checkpoint after each one so I don't think it'll be too tough.
    kbeau73
    kbeau73
    Delta-One

Post by kbeau73 Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:50 am

Not sure if you are still following this or not Greg but I was messing around with Professional mode on Desperate Escape last night and I made it to the end in like 30-40 minutes but just kept getting overrun at the end. (my AI was an idiot and not much help here) Seems like once I killed the heavy machine gunner it wasn't too bad until the chainsaw guys came out. The plan was to attempt to kill them off one by one but didn't make it.

I think we can do a speed run. I ran into some issues but overall it wasn't too bad. The second part is a bit of a pain where you have to unlock the door with the 2-3 chainsaw guys that come out but the next section wasn't overly bad because you basically sprint to the mortar guns. The only real guys I fought were the ones on the mortars. After that part it's pretty much run, run run until the checkpoint. It wasn't overly tough and I think we can do it, but we've got to pay close attention to what we are doing and keep close to one another. The last level is basically run in circles. lol
    JohnPicklewilly
    JohnPicklewilly
    Delta-One

Post by JohnPicklewilly Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:57 am

I was going to do the same thing yesterday but didn't get a chance. What will be interesting is to see if you can get to the end in 30-40 minutes with me in tow. Something tells me you'll wish you had your AI buddy back!
    kbeau73
    kbeau73
    Delta-One

Post by kbeau73 Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:07 am

No way, my AI was horrible... any time he did actually revive me, I died shortly after. I think the goal for us would literally be to run. Maybe on the sections where we need to find a key we can do a single run to know where it is and then after we die just go for it. When I was running through, I literally didn't stop fo anything. Dodge and weave... dodge and weave. Can't hurt to try, right?

Then we can move onto RE6
    JohnPicklewilly
    JohnPicklewilly
    Delta-One

Post by JohnPicklewilly Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:09 am

Sounds like a good plan!
    kbeau73
    kbeau73
    Delta-One

Post by kbeau73 Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:15 am

I am encouraged that we were able to get to the end of the DLC rather quickly but a bit discouraged that we weren't able to finish it off. I'm thinking what you mentioned about running circles might be the way to go for the last minutes or so.
    kbeau73
    kbeau73
    Delta-One

Post by kbeau73 Thu Aug 25, 2016 10:10 am

So last night was an epic fail. We made it to the final 2 minutes a couple of times but the guys were just swarming. I've read some of the solutions and a couple of people suggest staying on the roof with the small bridge that leads to the area over the elevator and hanging out there. (back to back, one person watching left and the other watching right) When the bosses come out we need to focus on them solely. I'm thinking that if we're also able to take out some guys and if they drop some loot up there it might be easier to pick up.

Another suggestion was in the very first part once we hit the checkpoint is to go backwards to the previous area through the gate and kill off the enemies (after you restart the checkpoint) and that way you can pick up the weapon in the back room as well as any ammo in the area which got me to thinking that perhaps there are other areas in the game where we could do that. Maybe the room near the mounted weapons or in the second area. The problem is getting out of that room and to the checkpoint. I think it's worth it if we can pick up an additonal weapon. Especially the magnum or shotgun.

Now, on the flip side if you are no longer willing to do this just let me know because I'll search for another partner to get this one done. Smile (no hard feelings)

I get to a point where I feel challenged and it makes me want to make sure I get it done.
    JohnPicklewilly
    JohnPicklewilly
    Delta-One

Post by JohnPicklewilly Thu Aug 25, 2016 10:52 am

kbeau73 wrote:I've read some of the solutions and a couple of people suggest staying on the roof with the small bridge that leads to the area over the elevator and hanging out there. (back to back, one person watching left and the other watching right) When the bosses come out we need to focus on them solely. I'm thinking that if we're also able to take out some guys and if they drop some loot up there it might be easier to pick up.
    I'm willing to give this a try.  I can certainly see the merits of this method.  The only concerns will be ammo and mini-bosses.  I swear I'm likely to wet myself every time I hear a chainsaw.  Laughing

kbeau73 wrote:Another suggestion was in the very first part once we hit the checkpoint is to go backwards to the previous area through the gate and kill off the enemies (after you restart the checkpoint) and that way you can pick up the weapon in the back room as well as any ammo in the area which got me to thinking that perhaps there are other areas in the game where we could do that. Maybe the room near the mounted weapons or in the second area. The problem is getting out of that room and to the checkpoint. I think it's worth it if we can pick up an additonal weapon. Especially the magnum or shotgun.
    Awesome idea providing we don't encounter a large number of enemies.  A few will be manageable.  Going into the final stage (waiting for the helicopter) with as many weapons and as much ammo as possible is critical.

Additionally, do we need to do anything differently in the middle stage with all the rocket launcher emplacements that will provide us with more weapons and ammo?

kbeau73 wrote:I get to a point where I feel challenged and it makes me want to make sure I get it done.
    This!  Like I said last night, I may stubborn or I may be stupid (or I may be both).  I will be putting this achievement in my trophy case on TA!
    JohnPicklewilly
    JohnPicklewilly
    Delta-One

Post by JohnPicklewilly Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:08 am

kbeau73 wrote:Now, on the flip side if you are no longer willing to do this just let me know because I'll search for another partner to get this one done. Smile (no hard feelings)
    By the way, that goes both ways.  I still say my lack of ability is holding you back.  Embarassed   If you want to find a different partner so you can get this done, I don't blame you and there will be no hard feelings.
    kbeau73
    kbeau73
    Delta-One

Post by kbeau73 Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:41 am

Ok, I think last night was a morale victory for us. We were literally 30 seconds from completing this thing. We might've gotten lucky with ammo and drops but either way I view this as a major success.

One thing I was reading before falling asleep last night was that on the final stage where we had 2 chainsaw guys chasing us.. if we kept one of them alive the final machine gun dude would've never spawned. So when we try it again, I say we focus on one chainsaw dude and basically dodge and run away from everything. The video I watched this morning had a bug and they literally ran to the roof and shot it once to stun it and then did the loop. Killing only guys that were in the way. If you watch the video on the first solution on TA you'll see they just keep guys at bay and use very little ammo. I'm assuming with 2 players it would be much easier because we'd have 2 capable people shooting. Smile
    JohnPicklewilly
    JohnPicklewilly
    Delta-One

Post by JohnPicklewilly Fri Aug 26, 2016 12:03 pm

I enjoyed our attempt last night.  I felt a sense of accomplishment in that, even thought we didn't finish it, we seemed to do much better with the parts we did complete.  Some observations and suggestions for our next attempt:

• Last night was the first time we struggled with inventory management.  A good problem to have.
    • Collecting all the weapons and ammo we can is key to successfully finishing the final stand.
    • The type of enemies we face in the "rocket launcher section" is critical to the success of collecting (and conserving) weapons and ammo. Therefore I propose that if we get to the rocket launcher section and find that we DO NOT face the same enemies we did last night (unarmored majini with simple weapons, executioners instead of bugs) we should completely re-start the game and continue to re-start the game until we do face those enemies.  
    • Because pistol ammo is so prevalent, I should take the lead and defeat as many enemies as possible with my pistol thereby conserving your machine gun ammo for the final stand.  I realize there are sections where that is not possible (assist jump sections).  However, I can assist during some of those sections.
    • During the final stand, we should reserve the rocket launcher for destroying the final (red) chain gunner.  We were able to destroy the first chain gunner without a rocket launcher the other night.  
    • I'm wondering if we should switch sides when we make our back-to-back stand on the bridge in the final sequence.  I spent much of the time waiting for enemies and taking many of them out with one shot from my pistol.  I think you were getting more "traffic".  If we could find you a pistol prior to the final stand it might resolve the issue.
    • I'm willing to attempt to run from the chain saw enemies.  I assume we'll make our back to back stand up to that point.  That strategy was working very well last night.  It would have worked even better if you would have had more ammo.

I'm off to watch some vids and read some solutions.  I am going to try and find a list of all the safes/loot locations to ensure we don't miss anything.

I had fun last night and look forward to our next attempt.  We'll get this thing done!
    kbeau73
    kbeau73
    Delta-One

Post by kbeau73 Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:36 pm

JohnPicklewilly wrote:I enjoyed our attempt last night.  I felt a sense of accomplishment in that, even thought we didn't finish it, we seemed to do much better with the parts we did complete.  Some observations and suggestions for our next attempt:

• Last night was the first time we struggled with inventory management.  A good problem to have.
    • Collecting all the weapons and ammo we can is key to successfully finishing the final stand.
    • The type of enemies we face in the "rocket launcher section" is critical to the success of collecting (and conserving) weapons and ammo. Therefore I propose that if we get to the rocket launcher section and find that we DO NOT face the same enemies we did last night (unarmored majini with simple weapons, executioners instead of bugs) we should completely re-start the game and continue to re-start the game until we do face those enemies.  
    • Because pistol ammo is so prevalent, I should take the lead and defeat as many enemies as possible with my pistol thereby conserving your machine gun ammo for the final stand.  I realize there are sections where that is not possible (assist jump sections).  However, I can assist during some of those sections.
    • During the final stand, we should reserve the rocket launcher for destroying the final (red) chain gunner.  We were able to destroy the first chain gunner without a rocket launcher the other night.  
    • I'm wondering if we should switch sides when we make our back-to-back stand on the bridge in the final sequence.  I spent much of the time waiting for enemies and taking many of them out with one shot from my pistol.  I think you were getting more "traffic".  If we could find you a pistol prior to the final stand it might resolve the issue.
    • I'm willing to attempt to run from the chain saw enemies.  I assume we'll make our back to back stand up to that point.  That strategy was working very well last night.  It would have worked even better if you would have had more ammo.

I'm off to watch some vids and read some solutions.  I am going to try and find a list of all the safes/loot locations to ensure we don't miss anything.

I had fun last night and look forward to our next attempt.  We'll get this thing done!

Very good points on all accounts. Here's what I liked...

• We absolutely NEED to collect every weapon possible. I almost feel that if we had a magnum last night, it would've went a lot quicker. I've read the magnum takes out the chainsaw dudes pretty quick.

• Saving the rocket launcher for the final gunner would be really good. I just worry on the first gunner but if I'm able to use the rifle to wittle down his health, it could go a very long way.

• I also believe a pistol for me could go a very, very long way. There was a ton of ammo that we really didn't use. The problem with the rifle is that I have to scope in to shoot it accurately. Switching sides might work, we can certainly give it a try.

• The idea of conserving ammo would be good. I would say the main areas I should help with is mini-bosses and the assisted jump areas.

I'll look for a list as well, maybe there is a magnum somewhere in the level... or more ammo or something. Who knows, can't hurt to do some research.
    JohnPicklewilly
    JohnPicklewilly
    Delta-One

Post by JohnPicklewilly Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:37 pm

I discovered that what we are calling "bugs" are actually Reapers. It's possible that one may show its hideous self during the last stand. Something to look forward to.
    kbeau73
    kbeau73
    Delta-One

Post by kbeau73 Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:39 pm

JohnPicklewilly wrote:I discovered that what we are calling "bugs" are actually Reapers.  It's possible that one may show its hideous self during the last stand.  Something to look forward to.  

According to what I've read, the reapers won't enter the "house" that is adjacent to the elevator. It's worth a try if we do get one. Smile
    JohnPicklewilly
    JohnPicklewilly
    Delta-One

Post by JohnPicklewilly Fri Aug 26, 2016 2:42 pm

I found the information regarding the enemies in this walkthrough very helpful (providing it's accurate):  Desperate Escape Walkthrough

Evidently, when we stun one of the bosses (chainsaw, chain gunner, executioner, etc) we can tag team our melee attacks on them and cause considerable damage.  The walkthrough explains weak points for each enemy and the best tactics for defeating them.  It's worth a read.
    kbeau73
    kbeau73
    Delta-One

Post by kbeau73 Fri Aug 26, 2016 3:08 pm

JohnPicklewilly wrote:I found the information regarding the enemies in this walkthrough very helpful (providing it's accurate):  Desperate Escape Walkthrough

Evidently, when we stun one of the bosses (chainsaw, chain gunner, executioner, etc) we can tag team our melee attacks on them and cause considerable damage.  The walkthrough explains weak points for each enemy and the best tactics for defeating them.  It's worth a read.

I will check it out when I get home later. Smile
    kbeau73
    kbeau73
    Delta-One

Post by kbeau73 Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:51 am

IT'S A WRAP!!!!

We kept our composure mostly but this was a very frantic DLC. Good to know we kept our cool most of the time. Smile I apologize if I was on edge at any point during this stupid DLC... I felt like once we slowed things down a bit and found the choke points this became a lot easier. The end wasn't too tough but it was funny how we were preparing for chainsaw majini and we got the bugs / executioner.

Well done sir!
    JohnPicklewilly
    JohnPicklewilly
    Delta-One

Post by JohnPicklewilly Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:20 am

When I think back to our first couple attempts at this, they seem rather comical.  Such a struggle and LOTS of frustration.  The last couple of attempts were vastly different.  We actually had fun.  We struggled far less on those sections leading up to the last stand.  Inventory management actually became our biggest struggle.  We simply had too much stuff.

Last night was the first time in our many attempts that we had base Majini during the last stand.  We weren't accustomed to stun rods and machine guns being used on us at the last stand.  The last stand only took a couple attempts.  We were caught completely off guard when the Executioner showed up.  We died pretty quickly.  On our second attempt, we took out the first Executioner, we took out both bugs (Reapers).  And then it got rather comical.  It went something like this:
    Elevator opens up and there stands an Executioner.  
    @Kbeau73:  Heavy sigh . . ."Oh no."
    @JohnPicklewilly:  "What do we do now?!!"
    @Kbeau73:  "I don't know.  I'm almost out of ammo."
    Executioner jumps up to our location.
    @Kbeau73:   "RUN!!!"
    We run a full loop around the map and end up back at our original location.  JPW is reloading.
    Executioner catches up to us and takes a mighty swing.
    @Kbeau73:   "RUN!!!"
    @JohnPicklewilly:  "Do we just keep running?"
    @Kbeau73:  "I'm thinking so."
    We run one or two more laps around the map dodging Majini and keeping our distance from the Executioner until the clock runs out.

This is one of those moments that will forever be etched into my gaming memory.  Kind of like the "Hey Greg . . . look at Mitch" moment.

Good times.  Good times indeed.
    kbeau73
    kbeau73
    Delta-One

Post by kbeau73 Wed Aug 31, 2016 11:07 am

Now THAT made me laugh out loud! I think you pretty much got everything in there! I wish I could've taken a screen shot of when you were reloading because the executioner was right behind you raising his mighty hammer, I thought we were toast there. The saving grace was that he was really slow!
    JohnPicklewilly
    JohnPicklewilly
    Delta-One

Post by JohnPicklewilly Wed Aug 31, 2016 11:48 am

Well you know, if you ever want to relive the fun . . .

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:05 am