May 2017 Birthday Challenge

View previous topic View next topic Go down

May 2017 Birthday Challenge

Post by kbeau73 on Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:49 pm

In May @techjedi will be getting a year older. Your mission is to unlock an achievement from a game starting with each letter of his Gamer Tag. Each letter must be from a different game and all achievements should be won online.

Without any further adieu...

T -
E -
C -
H -
J -
E -
D -
I -

Delta-One

http://casualgaming.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: May 2017 Birthday Challenge

Post by kbeau73 on Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:52 pm

My plan of action....

T - Tumblestone (Super Genius)
E - Evolve (Four Horsemen)
C - Castlestorm (Troll Hunter)
H - Heavy Weapon (Massive Destruction)
J - Just Cause 2 (Invincible Warrior)
E - Energy Cycle (Level 3 Completed)
D - Defense Grid 2 (Head Trauma)
I - Injustice: Gods Among Us (Practice Makes Perfect)

Last edited by kbeau73 on Fri May 19, 2017 10:09 am; edited 7 times in total

Delta-One

Back to top Go down

Post by ozbuffinatic on Sat Apr 29, 2017 2:05 am

Sounds like a challenge, I may not be able to enter as I'm focusing on playing for tedz bearz account, so I probably won't get much chance to play on my tag. I do have an account called ozbuffinatic but that would mean playing on a 3rd account that has less than 6k gamerscore.
ozbuffinatic

Back to top Go down

Post by techjedi on Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:59 am

My work-in-progress list...

T - Tumblestone (Get Rect)
E - Evolve (Death From Above)
C - Castlestorm (Crowd Control)
H - Heavy Weapon (Supaweapon!)
J - Joyride Turbo (Cup Pro)
E - Earthlock: Festival of Magic (Hogbunny Buddy)
D - Disney Infinity 3.0 (On the Nice List)
I - Iron Brigade (Medal of Honor -- and 100% complete now, to boot!)

Last edited by techjedi on Tue May 23, 2017 8:36 pm; edited 4 times in total
techjedi
Delta-One

Back to top Go down

Post by techjedi on Sat May 06, 2017 9:44 am

Refined my list a little, and recorded my progress. Some of this almost feels like a mini bean-dive because I'm adding a bunch of new games to my card.
techjedi
Delta-One

Back to top Go down

Post by kbeau73 on Mon May 08, 2017 10:30 am

@ozbuffinatic wrote:Sounds like a challenge, I may not be able to enter as I'm focusing on playing for tedz bearz account, so I probably won't get much chance to play on my tag. I do have an account called ozbuffinatic but that would mean playing on a 3rd account that has less than 6k gamerscore.

You've got some split personalities dude! Seriously though, if you want to enter and play along I don't really care who you play with... as long as it's on the same account (all achievements should be won on tedz bearz) than I have no issues. Besides this is just for fun. Smile

Delta-One

Back to top Go down

Post by ozbuffinatic on Wed May 10, 2017 7:05 am

@kbeau73 wrote:
@ozbuffinatic wrote:Sounds like a challenge, I may not be able to enter as I'm focusing on playing for tedz bearz account, so I probably won't get much chance to play on my tag. I do have an account called ozbuffinatic but that would mean playing on a 3rd account that has less than 6k gamerscore.

You've got some split personalities dude! Seriously though, if you want to enter and play along I don't really care who you play with... as long as it's on the same account (all achievements should be won on tedz bearz) than I have no issues. Besides this is just for fun. Smile

An even bigger challenge for myself would be complete the list twice. Once for ozbundyboy and once for tedz bearz.
ozbuffinatic

Back to top Go down

Post by techjedi on Wed May 10, 2017 9:15 am

Three left to go! (See above)

And they are literally the only 3 remaining E, J, and I games that I own. Well, actually, if I eliminate the "The" from game titles, then I could actually try for "The Escapists" or "The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing". But for "J", I'm stuck with what I have and it should be easy.
techjedi
Delta-One

Back to top Go down

Post by kbeau73 on Wed May 10, 2017 11:15 am

Nice job @techjedi

I need 3 as well... I haven't added the one for Heavy Weapon yet!

Delta-One

Back to top Go down

Post by techjedi on Tue May 16, 2017 8:15 am

Two more down! ... Just need to hop into Earthlock or Escapists and pop an achievement.
techjedi
Delta-One

Back to top Go down

Post by kbeau73 on Wed May 17, 2017 9:43 am

Nice! The wife went walking with Amy this morning so I turned on the Xbox quickly and popped an achievement in Injustice. Now all I need is another E and J. J will most likely be Just Cause 2 while my E will most likely be Energy Cycle.

Delta-One

Back to top Go down

Post by kbeau73 on Fri May 19, 2017 10:10 am

Stick a fork in me... I'm done!

Next month will be much tougher. :p

Delta-One

Back to top Go down

Post by ozbuffinatic on Sat May 20, 2017 1:55 pm

Would a game such as The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited count as a game for the letter T or E?

Just wondering if the same rule from Achievement Hounds is being used?
ozbuffinatic

Back to top Go down

Post by techjedi on Tue May 23, 2017 8:40 pm

Woo! I completed an achievement challenge!! I'd like to thank Gnart, my newly acquainted hogbunny friend from Earthlock. He wasn't the first achievement that wrapped up my challenge, nor was he part of some difficult feat... but he was a strange sentient hybrid pig-rabbit-humanoid thing that joins your party and grants you an unmissable, completely arbitrary achievement. And, it's fun to say "hogbunny".
techjedi
Delta-One

Back to top Go down

Post by kbeau73 on Wed May 24, 2017 9:25 am

@ozbuffinatic wrote:Would a game such as The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited count as a game for the letter T or E?

Just wondering if the same rule from Achievement Hounds is being used?

To be honest I'm not sure how AH used to do it but I'd count it as an E just as Elder Scrolls: Oblivion. Basically by the title on TA.

Hopefully that helps? Smile

Delta-One

Back to top Go down

Post by kbeau73 on Wed May 24, 2017 9:26 am

@techjedi wrote:Woo! I completed an achievement challenge!! I'd like to thank Gnart, my newly acquainted hogbunny friend from Earthlock. He wasn't the first achievement that wrapped up my challenge, nor was he part of some difficult feat... but he was a strange sentient hybrid pig-rabbit-humanoid thing that joins your party and grants you an unmissable, completely arbitrary achievement. And, it's fun to say "hogbunny".

I've got to totally agree... "hogbunny" just sounds funny / fun. Smile

Delta-One

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top