GWG Session 9pm EST [8-4-2017]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

GWG Session 9pm EST [8-4-2017]

Post by kbeau73 on Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:53 am

Seeing as Halo 4 isn't a GWG we'll need to decide if we want to stick with Halo 4 for Friday nights or mix it up and play a current or past Games With Gold offering. Personally I think it would be fun to mix it up but it's up to all of us to decide. I'm game for anything! (although this week I will most likely either make it late or not be able to attend due to a family camping trip... weather is iffy as of right now so I won't know until Friday)

Attending

Delta-One

http://casualgaming.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: GWG Session 9pm EST [8-4-2017]

Post by JelliedBigfoot on Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:42 pm

If we want to keep to GWG, maybe these would interest a few?

Crysis 3
Dungeon Siege 3
GRID 2
Killer Instinct
Super Street Fighter IV
Rainbow Six Vegas 1 or 2
JelliedBigfoot
Ticker

Back to top Go down

Post by kbeau73 on Mon Jul 31, 2017 2:06 pm

I don't think many of us are big on fighting games so I'd think that Crysis, GRID 2 or Rainbow Six would be the way to go. Or we could just keep with Halo 4.

I actually would like to get back into DS III because I've only got a handful of achievements left I believe.

Delta-One

Back to top Go down

Post by JohnPicklewilly on Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:39 pm

I'd be happy to play any of the following:
Crysis 3
Dungeon Siege 3
GRID 2
Rainbow Six Vegas 1 or 2

JohnPicklewilly
Community Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by kbeau73 on Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:00 am

Looking quickly over the achievement lists I believe the easiest to accomplish would be GRID 2.

I'd personally like to go for either Rainbow Six Vegas 1 or 2 depending on how many people we have. Looks like a lot of the achievements could be done with 4 players but we'd need 6 for some of them. I could look for a couple of randoms if we wanted to but I guess we'd need to know who wanted to play. Vegas and Vegas 2 are BC and cheap at Gamestop if someone doesn't have them. So I guess we need to see who is interested.

If I am on Friday night I'll coordinate but I suggest we start with GRID II if we have less than 4 people. If I'm not on, it'll be up to @JohnPicklewilly because he's the Community Manager. Razz

Delta-One

Back to top Go down

Post by JelliedBigfoot on Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:06 am

I think GRID 2 is quickest to knockout as well and might as well do it unless the bulk of those who need the achievements can't make it.

I could borrow my bros 360 he may or may not have downloaded when Vegas was games with gold, but I could double box if it comes to it.
JelliedBigfoot
Ticker

Back to top Go down

Post by JohnPicklewilly on Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:28 am

I'm good with Grid 2. I suck at racing games but love to play them.

I'm a big fan of the Rainbow Six games. It allows for up to four people to play co-op online. Realistic difficulty in the campaign is quite challenging. So that puts another option on the table should we have four or less players. There's also Terrorist Hunt mode. And of course there's multiplayer. Lots of options with these games. We would be able to play regardless of the number of players that are available on game nights. My vote would sway towards the Rainbow Six games.

JohnPicklewilly
Community Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by kbeau73 on Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:34 am

Can you play 4 person co-op in the campaign or is that just MP / Terrorist Hunt?

Delta-One

Back to top Go down

Post by JelliedBigfoot on Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:35 am

Local 2p coop or online 4p coop. Can't mix and match tho, it's one or the other.
JelliedBigfoot
Ticker

Back to top Go down

Post by JohnPicklewilly on Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:39 am

@kbeau73 wrote:If I am on Friday night I'll coordinate but I suggest we start with GRID II if we have less than 4 people. If I'm not on, it'll be up to @JohnPicklewilly because he's the Community Manager. Razz
I'll be happy to coordinate the session on Friday night.  We do need to determine what everyone wants to play.  It looks like it's between Grid II or Rainbow Six Vegas.  Does everyone have these games?  If so, which do you want to play?  

UPDATE: I checked and verified that both Rainbow Six Vegas games and Grid II are backwards compatible and can be played on the Xbox One.

Game
@JohnPicklewilly - Prefers Rainbow Six Vegas 1 but can play either.
@kbeau73 - Prefers Rainbow Six Vegas 1 but can play either.
@JelliedBigfoot - Prefers Rainbow Six Vegas 1 but can play either.
Rainbow Six Vegas 1 is the game we'll play.  It is backwards compatible and can be played on the XOne.  Attendance will determine if we play co-op campaign or multiplayer.

Attending:
@JohnPicklewilly
@JelliedBigfoot
@bhogan1

Maybe:
@kbeau73
@mrtnmitchell

Last edited by JohnPicklewilly on Fri Aug 04, 2017 4:18 pm; edited 4 times in total

JohnPicklewilly
Community Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by JelliedBigfoot on Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:44 am

Prefer Vegas 1, can do anything already listed
JelliedBigfoot
Ticker

Back to top Go down

Post by JohnPicklewilly on Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:45 am

@kbeau73 wrote:Can you play 4 person co-op in the campaign or is that just MP / Terrorist Hunt?
Up to four players can play together in co-op. Although Terrorist Hunt mode retains the four human player limit (online only), the story mode in Rainbow Six: Vegas 2 has reduced co-op from four players to two players, with the second player assuming the position of Knight, Bishop's teammate. I believe the multiplayer mode allows for up to sixteen players.

JohnPicklewilly
Community Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by kbeau73 on Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:52 am

I don't prefer Grid II Razz I'm good with either game really. I say let's work on Vegas 1 and see how that goes. Smile

I think the only reason I would've wanted to play GRID II was because it looked easier to boost but I believe RSV1 would be more fun.

Delta-One

Back to top Go down

Post by bhogan1 on Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:13 pm

I will look into getting this games by Friday. I figured they would be relatively cheap at Gamestop. Microsoft wants $20 for the digital, however I believe you get some of the DLC for free. I will let you all know by Friday if I'll be able to join.
bhogan1
Ticker

Back to top Go down

Post by kbeau73 on Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:11 pm

@bhogan1 wrote:I will look into getting this games by Friday.  I figured they would be relatively cheap at Gamestop.  Microsoft wants $20 for the digital, however I believe you get some of the DLC for free.  I will let you all know by Friday if I'll be able to join.

Vegas 1 is listed at $4.99 on Gamestop.com but I'm guessing you'd be able to pick it up for less than that. Vegas 2 was listed at $9.99 but again, I'm sure you could get it for close to $5 or under.

If I have the electronic versions I would be more than happy to send my physical copies to you. I'll check and let you know later on.

Delta-One

Back to top Go down

Post by JelliedBigfoot on Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:12 pm

I believe both were backwards compatible and games with gold, could be wrong. If I downloaded both I should have the discs and can mail to you if you are ok sitting out a week. I wouldn't need to double box then since I'd be giving up my spare copy.
JelliedBigfoot
Ticker

Back to top Go down

Post by JelliedBigfoot on Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:14 pm

Actually I can double box with the x1 and still send my 360 discs for Vegas games
JelliedBigfoot
Ticker

Back to top Go down

Post by bhogan1 on Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:21 pm

Thank you guys for offering to mail me a copy!! That is awfully kind of y'all!

I was actually able to pick up a copy this afternoon of RSV1 for $2.99. Excellent condition too, which is surprising. So I'll definitely join in on the festivities tomorrow night! I'm looking forward to it!
bhogan1
Ticker

Back to top Go down

Post by JelliedBigfoot on Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:25 am

So Rainbow Six Vegas is the choice for tonight? Just confirming.

Also since you need to ultimately beat story and terrorist hunt in single player/splitscreen, lobbies are pretty dead, would we all be willing to try and boost the MP?
JelliedBigfoot
Ticker

Back to top Go down

Post by JohnPicklewilly on Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:07 am

@JelliedBigfoot wrote:So Rainbow Six Vegas is the choice for tonight? Just confirming.
Yup

@JelliedBigfoot wrote:Also since you need to ultimately beat story and terrorist hunt in single player/splitscreen, lobbies are pretty dead, would we all be willing to try and boost the MP?
Attendance will determine how we play the game.  Four or less players will result in playing co-op through the campaign. Should we have more than four players we'll work on multiplayer.

JohnPicklewilly
Community Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by kbeau73 on Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:24 am

Just to give an update, I will be on but it'll most likely be after 10pm. I've available to go later if anyone wants to work on something but totally understand if you don't.

So looks like the plan going forward on Monday nights is Halo 4 and Rainbow Six Vegas on Friday nights.

Delta-One

Back to top Go down

Post by mrtnmitchell on Fri Aug 04, 2017 4:01 pm

Let me make sure I have it and I'll be there...
mrtnmitchell
CIC Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by JohnPicklewilly on Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:55 pm

Just an FYI:  To play R6V on the 360 requires an update.  To play R6V on the One requires a compatibility update (mine was about 8 GB).

JohnPicklewilly
Community Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by JelliedBigfoot on Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:16 pm

Not a soul online atm lol
JelliedBigfoot
Ticker

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top