Casual Gaming Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Casual Xbox Gaming Community.

We will be playing Burnout Paradise on Monday evenings and Strange Brigade on Friday evenings starting at 9pm Eastern

3 posters

Ubisoft Ends Support for Several Xbox 360 Games

JohnPicklewilly
    JohnPicklewilly
    Delta-One

Ubisoft Ends Support for Several Xbox 360 Games Empty Ubisoft Ends Support for Several Xbox 360 Games

Post by JohnPicklewilly Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:50 am

Ubisoft has announced they will close the online services for a batch of titles in November.  The games affected are:

The shutdown date is November 11th.  More information is available in this TA article.
    kbeau73
    kbeau73
    Delta-One

Ubisoft Ends Support for Several Xbox 360 Games Empty Re: Ubisoft Ends Support for Several Xbox 360 Games

Post by kbeau73 Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:39 am

Nothing really affects me right now which is good because I'm already dealing with the October server closure for EA Sports.
    JelliedBigfoot
    JelliedBigfoot
    Gear

Ubisoft Ends Support for Several Xbox 360 Games Empty Re: Ubisoft Ends Support for Several Xbox 360 Games

Post by JelliedBigfoot Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:48 am

Whomever I am supposed to send the viral copy of Prince of Persia to, I'll do asap!
    JelliedBigfoot
    JelliedBigfoot
    Gear

Post by JelliedBigfoot Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:49 am

Wasn't I am Alive pretty recent? Maybe I'm just thinking it was recent GwG
    kbeau73
    kbeau73
    Delta-One

Post by kbeau73 Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:34 am

Actually, I think you should send that to me. Razz
    JohnPicklewilly
    JohnPicklewilly
    Delta-One

Post by JohnPicklewilly Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:55 am

The only game I have on this list is I Am Alive. All the achievements for that game do not require you to be online. However, I think I'll attempt to complete the game before the shutdown date to ensure I can unlock the achievements.
    kbeau73
    kbeau73
    Delta-One

Post by kbeau73 Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:04 am

I'm a little confused on what the no longer supported thing means because if they don't have online... what's the big deal. I do agree though... maybe I should finish up this one as well.
    kbeau73
    kbeau73
    Delta-One

Post by kbeau73 Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:05 am

JelliedBigfoot wrote:Wasn't I am Alive pretty recent? Maybe I'm just thinking it was recent GwG

You are correct.. it was recently (somewhat anyway) a GWG but I believe it was released a couple years back.
    JohnPicklewilly
    JohnPicklewilly
    Delta-One

Post by JohnPicklewilly Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:25 pm

kbeau73 wrote:I'm a little confused on what the no longer supported thing means because if they don't have online... what's the big deal. I do agree though... maybe I should finish up this one as well.

It is a bit confusing. From the TA article:
    ". . . it's important to note that Ubisoft has a different perception of "closing online services" than other developers. Ubisoft titles utilize UPlay, Ubisoft's service that offers rewards for playing Ubisoft games among other services. Often times in the past, Ubisoft has said they are "closing down servers" for games, when in actuality they were just disconnecting them from UPlay; meanwhile, the online multiplayer servers stayed up and running due to peer-to-peer connections hosted by Xbox Live. Other times clan features or leaderboards are shut down while matchmaking remains intact."

I take this to mean that it is quite ambiguous as to what will actually be unavailable in these games after the shutdown. I'm taking the "get it done before the shutdown" approach. Better safe than sorry.

kbeau73
    kbeau73
    Delta-One

Post by kbeau73 Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:50 pm

Yeah, my luck I'd load up the game and it would say something to the effect of "Sorry, this game is no longer playable even though there isn't any multiplayer"

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:42 am