Future Gaming Sessions

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Future Gaming Sessions

Post by kbeau73 on Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:02 am

Just looking for feedback from any of you that are in the sessions and those of you that haven't taken part due to either not having the game or not wanting to play it. My focus is to have the most participation as possible. I also want to stray from the grind-fest games. (I'm looking at you Gears of War and Red Faction: Guerilla)

Should we stick to 1 game per month instead of 2?

Should we also stick to the calendar month instead of overflowing into following months?

Should we stick to the Friday night session being a Games With Gold night? (Vegas 1 wasn't a GWG)

I like the idea of sticking to a single game and then moving on but then again I've been having a lot of fun with Rainbow Six: Vegas and Halo 4 that I want them to continue. At the same time it would be good if we were able to include more people. Smile

Any thoughts and whatnot would be appreciated. Smile

Delta-One

http://casualgaming.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Future Gaming Sessions

Post by JohnPicklewilly on Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:11 pm

kbeau73 wrote:Should we stick to 1 game per month instead of 2?
While playing the same game on both game nights in the week affords us the opportunity to get through the game in a shorter time period, there is something to be said for variety.  I have truly enjoyed playing both Rainbow Six Vegas and Halo 4 this month.  I like the idea of playing two games simultaneously.
kbeau73 wrote:Should we also stick to the calendar month instead of overflowing into following months?
I'm a not a fan of putting a game away without accomplishing everything I possibly can within that game.  I'm for playing the game(s) selected on game nights until we've done all we can in those games.  I'm not so concerned if we spill over from one month to another.  
kbeau73 wrote:Should we stick to the Friday night session being a Games With Gold night? (Vegas 1 wasn't a GWG)
According to my research (Wikipedia), Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Vegas was available as one of the Games With Gold September 16 - 30, 2013.  I remember it like it was yester . . . four years ago.  Smile
I do like playing one of the Games With Gold on Friday nights.  Most of us download these games when they're available.  I think it might foster more participation.
kbeau73 wrote:At the same time it would be good if we were able to include more people. Smile
I couldn't agree more.  The more people that participate, the more fun we have.

I'm anxious to hear the opinions of others.  Please chime in!  All feedback is appreciated!

JohnPicklewilly
Delta-One

Back to top Go down

Post by kbeau73 on Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:55 pm

I also definitely enjoy the variety of playing games simultaneously. I think this month has been great as both games have been very fun!

As for the spill over, I think that makes sense too. I didn't have a problem when we did it with Minecraft and haven't had an issue with either Halo 4 or Vegas.

So if I'm reading you right, we should contiue with Friday being the Games With Gold but it doesn't have to be that specific month's GWG.

Thanks for your feedback. I think we're on the same page here. Razz

Delta-One

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms Dudette on Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:48 pm

Hmmm my opinion...

It’s true that a single game can get great progress, but variety is a good thing too. I think it would depend on the game...is it a lengthy involved game or a quick little “let’s have fun” game? Also depends on gamers availability.

Should we also stick to the calendar month instead of overflowing into following months?
Overflow is almost expected with this type of activity....too many variables can alter the course of action...difficult areas, availability and schedule conflicts, and the ever popular disconnection issues.

Should we stick to the Friday night session being a Games With Gold night? (Vegas 1 wasn't a GWG)
Yes. Tho I download all the GWG, I don’t necessarily play all of them...some not my style of game. But a lot of people do. This yields more games and gamers.

At the same time it would be good if we were able to include more people.
I have mentioned this several times. CGC is a growing community and offering more participation is key. I understand that some “click” groups are inevitable. So inclusion should be available and encouraged.

I have not participated in the Monday and Friday (and now Tue) sessions for over a year now....mainly because of the selected games. But I do look forward to joining.
This community is so fantastic and has great potential. And I continue my offer to help anyone/everyone with whatever I can. Just let me know, we can work something out.
Ms Dudette
CIC Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by JelliedBigfoot on Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:03 pm

kbeau73 wrote:Should we stick to 1 game per month instead of 2?
I enjoy variety but I also play other games solo. I'd say it depends on the game. The older it is the less likely I'd think we do two nights a week. If it was new I could see multiple nights but we aren't going to get a new GWG. So 2 games it is, 1 being at least a GWG

kbeau73 wrote:Should we also stick to the calendar month instead of overflowing into following months?
I like the idea of cutting a game off each month to keep the pressure on or to dabble in other games to find a gem, but in reality scheduling conflicts and family lives will probably dictate we play til we finish. On the other hand, in reply to Dudettes comment, not everyone plays the same games and a guaranteed switchover each month may help or hinder participation, without a schedule of upcoming games and feedback from community it's hard to tell if a hard stop would bring more players in or scare existing players away.

kbeau73 wrote:Should we stick to the Friday night session being a Games With Gold night? (Vegas 1 wasn't a GWG)
If we stick to 2 games at a time and not 1, then I suggest we keep Friday a GWG night. Trust me I checked all my options before suggesting Vegas hehe. If Bomberman was a GWG I would've suggested that beauty.

kbeau73 wrote:At the same time it would be good if we were able to include more people. Smile
If anyone wants to friend me on TA so we can quick compare for future game discussions feel free!
JelliedBigfoot
Gear

Back to top Go down

Post by kbeau73 Yesterday at 2:20 pm

Ms Dudette wrote:Hmmm my opinion...

It’s true that a single game can get great progress, but variety is a good thing too. I think it would depend on the game...is it a lengthy involved game or a quick little “let’s have fun” game? Also depends on gamers availability.

Overflow is almost expected with this type of activity....too many variables can alter the course of action...difficult areas, availability and schedule conflicts, and the ever popular disconnection issues.

Yes. Tho I download all the GWG, I don’t necessarily play all of them...some not my style of game. But a lot of people do. This yields more games and gamers.

At the same time it would be good if we were able to include more people.
I have mentioned this several times. CGC is a growing community and offering more participation is key. I understand that some “click” groups are inevitable. So inclusion should be available and encouraged.

I have not participated in the Monday and Friday (and now Tue) sessions for over a year now....mainly because of the selected games. But I do look forward to joining.
This community is so fantastic and has great potential. And I continue my offer to help anyone/everyone with whatever I can. Just let me know, we can work something out.

I sincerely thank you for your input! Seems like you and the rest of the gang agree. Smile

Delta-One

Back to top Go down

Post by kbeau73 Yesterday at 2:25 pm

So the people have spoke! I was pretty much leaning towards the following anyway...

We will stick with our Monday and Friday night schedules and they will be separate games. (as most of you already know we are working on Halo 4 and Rainbow Six: Vegas)

We will NOT switch games on a monthly basis which is why we changed the name of the Monday night sessions in the first place. I'm not sure the Monday Night Social Club is accurate anymore because the thought was that even if you a playing something else, you would join in the party but that hasn't happened. We may rename Monday nights but the idea will be the same.

One of the nights will always be a Games With Gold night. It doesn't always have to be the current GWG but we should stick to a GWG title.

As far as participation goes, I don't know how to get more people to play other than to choose the right games and THAT makes it tough on me. Luckily we've got enough members that are willing to suggest games. With the way R6: Vegas and Halo 4 are going.. it'll be awhile before we need more suggestions. Smile

Thanks all for your suggestions and comments.

Delta-One

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top