October 2017 Birthday Challenge

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

October 2017 Birthday Challenge

Post by kbeau73 on Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:10 am

So I've been thinking about doing something new here... I'd like to start a birthday challenge but this one will be a bit different. As I want this community to be more close knit, I think this might help that.

So this month we have 3 birthdays and I'm thinking as a birthday gift this community should attempt to help those users out with any games or achievements they might need help with. So the challenge will be for the birthday peeps to come up with a small list of achievements or goals (i.e. finish a campaign in co-op or something along those lines) they need help with and we help them when we can. A lot of this depends on the birthday peeps and their participation so this could either be something really good or we might be eating some pie. Razz

So @Facial La Fleur @Ms Dudette and @HyruleBalverine , do you guys have any games that we might be able to help you with?

Delta-One

http://casualgaming.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: October 2017 Birthday Challenge

Post by JohnPicklewilly on Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:39 am

I love this idea! I'm in. Can't wait to hear from the birthday folks!

Oh, and the pie is a lie! tongue

JohnPicklewilly
Delta-One

Back to top Go down

Post by kbeau73 on Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:57 pm

@JohnPicklewilly wrote:I love this idea!  I'm in.  Can't wait to hear from the birthday folks!

Oh, and the pie is a lie! tongue

Awesome, it really does depend on who has the birthday in that particular month but I'm thinking it would be great to band together as a community to help each other out. As long as there aren't grindfest's I'll be happy. Smile

Delta-One

Back to top Go down

Post by HyruleBalverine on Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:14 pm

OOOh; Maybe I will finally find a group to play with who has Ugly Americans: Apocalypsegeddon or some people who might want to do Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 1989 Arcade as both of those require a fair amount of online group play to complete. LOL

Not that I've gone searching much for those yet as I have so many other games in my backlog! Laughing

The only problem I see, for me, is that I work nights (3 PM PST until 11:30 or whenever I finish; whichever happens 2nd). But I'll do my best to make it happen this month, and for other people's birthday when I have the necessary games.
HyruleBalverine
Ticker

Back to top Go down

Post by JelliedBigfoot on Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:14 am

Great idea! I'd be happy to help.
JelliedBigfoot
Gear

Back to top Go down

Post by kbeau73 on Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:10 am

@HyruleBalverine wrote:OOOh; Maybe I will finally find a group to play with who has Ugly Americans: Apocalypsegeddon or some people who might want to do Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 1989 Arcade as both of those require a fair amount of online group play to complete. LOL

Not that I've gone searching much for those yet as I have so many other games in my backlog! Laughing

The only problem I see, for me, is that I work nights (3 PM PST until 11:30 or whenever I finish; whichever happens 2nd). But I'll do my best to make it happen this month, and for other people's birthday when I have the necessary games.

That could make it very tough but I'm hoping that perhaps some of our west coast folks might be able to help. As much as I would love to help, I typically play from 8pm eastern to midnight which is when you'd be at work. We will see what we can help with though!

Delta-One

Back to top Go down

Post by JelliedBigfoot on Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:48 am

I can help with Dead Space 3 @Hyrule lol I can't seem to get my copy of TMNT to download, sad face
JelliedBigfoot
Gear

Back to top Go down

Post by HyruleBalverine on Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:20 pm

@JelliedBigfoot wrote:I can help with Dead Space 3 @Hyrule lol I can't seem to get my copy of TMNT to download, sad face
Yep; that's why I didn't mention it. We'll have the story mode finished in no time, now that we're playing again. I don't think that we have too many optional missions left (I know we just got the achievement for the co-op ones).
HyruleBalverine
Ticker

Back to top Go down

Post by Frawstfever on Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:07 am

@HyruleBalverine wrote:OOOh; Maybe I will finally find a group to play with who has Ugly Americans: Apocalypsegeddon or some people who might want to do Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 1989 Arcade as both of those require a fair amount of online group play to complete. LOL.

Didnt I give TMNT to you, you could always of asked me

Frawstfever

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms Dudette on Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:02 pm

WOW
This is a fantastic idea...kudos to the brilliant minds of CGC.
May I get help with...

Halo 3:
Ranger
Vanguard

Borderlands 2 (360)
I just need a first level save for
Sir Hammerlock’s Big Game Hunt. I
can finish this solo

Thank you...I will be very grateful
Ms Dudette
CIC Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by kbeau73 on Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:11 pm

I'll have to look up Ranger and Vanguard but would gladly help if I can. As for Borderlands 2.. I unfortunately don't think I have my save anymore (it was on an old Xbox) but I will definitely check and if I can, I will! And thanks for the kudos! I'm always looking to make this community better so if you have any ideas, please feel free to pass them along. Now that Greg has joined the admin team I think we'll be moving forward at light speed! :p

Delta-One

Back to top Go down

Post by JohnPicklewilly on Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:09 am

@HyruleBalverine wrote:OOOh; Maybe I will finally find a group to play with who has Ugly Americans: Apocalypsegeddon or some people who might want to do Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 1989 Arcade as both of those require a fair amount of online group play to complete. LOL
Unfortunately, I don't have either of these games. I saw some mention of Dead Space 3. I do have that game and will be happy to help with it.

JohnPicklewilly
Delta-One

Back to top Go down

Post by JohnPicklewilly on Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:17 am

@Ms Dudette wrote:WOW
May I get help with...

Halo 3:
Ranger
Vanguard

Borderlands 2 (360)
can finish this solo

I will be HAPPY to help you with Halo 3. I am usually available weekend afternoon and evenings, Tue - Thu evenings. You can send me a pm and we can work out a schedule.

I have Borderlands 2 (360). However, I'm unclear as to what you mean by first level save. Maybe you can enlighten me while we're playing Halo 3?

JohnPicklewilly
Delta-One

Back to top Go down

Post by JelliedBigfoot on Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:17 am

@Ms Dudette wrote:WOW
May I get help with...

Halo 3:
Ranger
Vanguard

Borderlands 2 (360)
can finish this solo

Count me in for Halo 3 also
JelliedBigfoot
Gear

Back to top Go down

Post by kbeau73 on Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:25 am

Yeah, I looked up what those achievements are and I'm in too! Not sure if the meta scores go down if you have too many though. I haven't done any of them. :p

Delta-One

Back to top Go down

Post by Frawstfever on Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:33 am

I'm down as well to help

Frawstfever

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms Dudette on Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:15 am

I appreciate everyone’s response and offers of help. My schedule is flexible for the most part, so whatever is most convenient for other participants.

Halo 3 meta-game
This is a 2-4 player co op. There are 9 missions and I need the 6th and 7th (Arc and Covenant)
After these 2 missions we can do other missions that anyone needs....as time permits. Each mission should take 20-50 min, of course depending on how we score (50000 needed) and how fast we progress.

Difficulty...normal
Scoring...free for all (otherwise counts for host only)
Time... multiplier 3x-1x added at end of mission (shouldn’t need it tho)
Skulls...to add score multiplier

Skull Name Multiplier Short Description
Iron 3x If a solo player dies, the level is restarted. If a co-op player dies, the last checkpoint is loaded.
Black Eye 1.5x Shields only regenerate by melee attacking enemies.
Tough Luck 1.5x Grenades, weapon projectiles, and vehicular splatter attempts are evaded more effectively by the AI. Jiralhanae will berserk more often and Unggoy will kamikaze more often.
Catch 1.5x All AI units throw many grenades more often and will always drop two grenades after dying.
Fog 1.5x The motion sensor is disabled.
Famine 2x Dropped weapons have much less ammunition/charge.
Thunderstorm 1.5x All enemies are promoted to the highest available ranks.
Tilt 2x Enemy defensive resistances and weaknesses are doubled.
Mythic 2x All Covenant enemies have twice the amount of health.

TA Skull combinations suggestions...I am open to which skulls we use.

Catch
Thunderstorm
Fog

Fog
Thunderstorm
Tough Luck
Famine

Tough Luck
Fog
Thunderstorm
Mythic

Catch
Fog
Famine

Tough Luck
Fog
Famine

Skulls for fun
Grunt Birthday Party...Performing a head shot on a Grunt will cause it to explode in a shower of confetti whilst cheers can be heard in the background.
IWHBYD...Enemies and allies get additional humorous dialogue.
Ms Dudette
CIC Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by HyruleBalverine on Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:22 am

@Frawstfever wrote:
@HyruleBalverine wrote:OOOh; Maybe I will finally find a group to play with who has Ugly Americans: Apocalypsegeddon or some people who might want to do Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 1989 Arcade as both of those require a fair amount of online group play to complete. LOL.

Yes, you did. I was more commenting that I could probably get off my proverbial butt and actually start getting a group together (seeing how I haven't actually bothered, thus far). With my schedule these days, I tend to play very little online or do sessions. I need to change that.
HyruleBalverine
Ticker

Back to top Go down

Post by Frawstfever on Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:22 am

@HyruleBalverine wrote:
@Frawstfever wrote:

Yes, you did. I was more commenting that I could probably get off my proverbial butt and actually start getting a group together (seeing how I haven't actually bothered, thus far). With my schedule these days, I tend to play very little online or do sessions. I need to change that.

Dont feel bad, I still havent done sherlock holmes

Frawstfever

Back to top Go down

Post by kbeau73 on Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:42 am

So let's attempt to bang out what @Ms Dudette needs for Halo 3 first.... unfortunately I won't be able to help @HyruleBalverine because I don't have the games. Sad

Perhaps I can get @JohnPicklewilly to join us on a Tuesday or Wednesday night.

Delta-One

Back to top Go down

Post by JohnPicklewilly on Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:38 am

@kbeau73 wrote:Perhaps I can get @JohnPicklewilly to join us on a Tuesday or Wednesday night.
I believe I have a meeting at the church on Tuesday. However, Wednesday is open and I'm all for helping out. I'm also available this evening, Saturday afternoon and all day Sunday.

JohnPicklewilly
Delta-One

Back to top Go down

Post by kbeau73 on Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:43 am

I'll most likely be on this evening but I'm not exactly sure what time. If you are up for some Borderlands I'd like to attempt to knock the last couple of levels off. Might be a tough time though... we're so close. :p

Delta-One

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms Dudette on Thu Sep 28, 2017 3:14 pm

Thanks guys
Wednesday works for me as I am helping others with gow4 ribbons tonight.
Let me know what time.
Ms Dudette
CIC Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by kbeau73 on Thu Sep 28, 2017 4:02 pm

For me it would have to be after 9pm... probably closer to 9:30 but it all depends really. :p (I know that isn't extremely helpful but it all depends on what I am doing with my wife at that given moment) Smile

Delta-One

Back to top Go down

Post by Frawstfever on Thu Sep 28, 2017 4:04 pm

Well its your lucky day, Wed is my long change and Id love to help on wed 9pm est ish

Frawstfever

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top