Casual Gaming Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Casual Xbox Gaming Community.

We will be playing Burnout Paradise on Monday evenings and Strange Brigade on Friday evenings starting at 9pm Eastern

4 posters

Something new

mortioccini
    mortioccini
    Ticker

Something new Empty Something new

Post by mortioccini Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:40 pm

Don't let the topic fool you, I'm 30 and have been gaming my whole life. Started with my grandparents Intellivision, and my dads Sega Genesis. I watched my dad play Command & Conquer and Civilization II on Win 95, and begged him to let me play it at age 8 I believe. I learned by watching him and got the hang of if fairly fast. So I became a pc gamer, and I fell in love with the strategy, tycoon and cabela games. Cause that's mostly what I was allowed to play growing up. Life passed by, friends invited me to their home and introduced me to my first online gaming experience playing halo 3. This encouraged me to get my own 360 at age 21 and immediately got hooked on the genre, which bought me back into console gaming. For the first few years I really didn't care much about achievements and just played halo 3 and cod4mw. Met some decent people on xbox live and needless to say we kicked butt most of our matches. Then Portals came out and I bought the arcade version on xbox live. I beat it and decided to give the achievements a try. I cant explain how I felt t after achieving all the achievements geek except for maybe a feeling of accomplishment. Then I did some research on achievements and discovered TA. I decided I'd go about gaming differently and start gaining achievements as I played. This opened a whole new world of gaming for me cause in the past I only stuck to a few games on which I played countless hours on. So I started hunting for achievements as a solo gamer, cause non of my xbox live friends are really into achievements. A few years have passed and me being an introvert has really caused me the lack of friends on TA. Until recently I've been posting blogs about finding people to hunt those nasty mp achievements in which Kbeau73 responded to. He let me in on this community. Due to my current situation I cant participate in much online events, mostly cause I live in the mountains "with"(in a 5th wheel on my parents 30 acre property) my parents and they have a 10gb data limit which is no good for gaming. I plan on saving up for a laptop and getting mobile broadband for a much better deal but that wont be for a few months. However I am extremely excited to try this out, possibly meet some like minded individuals in the process. I apologize for my lengthy intro, Peace afro cheers
    kbeau73
    kbeau73
    Delta-One

Something new Empty Re: Something new

Post by kbeau73 Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:53 am

mortioccini wrote:Don't let the topic fool you, I'm 30 and have been gaming my whole life. Started with my grandparents Intellivision, and my dads Sega Genesis. I watched my dad play Command & Conquer and Civilization II on Win 95, and begged him to let me play it at age 8 I believe. I learned by watching him and got the hang of if fairly fast. So I became a pc gamer, and I fell in love with the strategy, tycoon and cabela games. Cause that's mostly what I was allowed to play growing up. Life passed by, friends invited me to their home and introduced me to my first online gaming experience playing halo 3. This encouraged me to get my own 360 at age 21 and immediately got hooked on the genre, which bought me back into console gaming. For the first few years I really didn't care much about achievements and just played halo 3 and cod4mw. Met some decent people on xbox live and needless to say we kicked butt most of our matches. Then Portals came out and I bought the arcade version on xbox live. I beat it and decided to give the achievements a try. I cant explain how I felt t after achieving all the achievements geek except for maybe a feeling of accomplishment. Then I did some research on achievements and discovered TA. I decided I'd go about gaming differently and start gaining achievements as I played. This opened a whole new world of gaming for me cause in the past I only stuck to a few games on which I played countless hours on. So I started hunting for achievements as a solo gamer, cause non of my xbox live friends are really into achievements. A few years have passed and me being an introvert has really caused me the lack of friends on TA. Until recently I've been posting blogs about finding people to hunt those nasty mp achievements in which Kbeau73 responded to. He let me in on this community. Due to my current situation I cant participate in much online events, mostly cause I live in the mountains "with"(in a 5th wheel on my parents 30 acre property) my parents and they have a 10gb data limit which is no good for gaming. I plan on saving up for a laptop and getting mobile broadband for a much better deal but that wont be for a few months. However I am extremely excited to try this out, possibly meet some like minded individuals in the process. I apologize for my lengthy intro, Peace afro cheers

Welcome to our small community! Our stories sound pretty similar in some respects. A lot of people might have a hard time believing this but I'm an introvert as well. I have a hard time meeting new people but online it's a bit easier. I don't tend to do a lot of boosting sessions outside of our group for two reasons, 1 is that you never know who you're going to have in boosting sessions. I have had some good experiences but have also had some really bad ones too. And 2, our group is a lot of fun to play with. We laugh, have a good time and just keep things simple for the most part. (as long as we're not trying to boost Gears of War 2) lol

Anyway, welcome to the site and we hope you stick around and eventually get to play with one another.
    JohnPicklewilly
    JohnPicklewilly
    Delta-One

Post by JohnPicklewilly Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:25 am

Welcome! I remember playing Command & Conquer and Civilization on the PC. So, that tells me I'm probably old enough to be your daddy!

I understand your online game time is limited. I'm looking forward to gaming with you in the future. In the meantime, you can hang out with us hear and join in the conversations.
    mortioccini
    mortioccini
    Ticker

Post by mortioccini Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:58 am

thank you Kevin and Greg, i appreciate your hospitality. Yes Kevin, I completely agree with what you said about finding randoms to boost achievements with. With you being an introvert as well I understand the struggle of finding decent people. Hopefully I can get Mondays off soon so I could join you guys. I could do late Friday nights at a friends, we get back from d&d around midnight (colorado mountain time), and Im on anyways. PS Im a Christian too btw:cheers:. Greg, that is most likely true considering im 30 lol, no problem with that tho cause I already know im going to be a gamer for life geek. Im also looking forward to gaming with your community and getting to know you guys, Ive never really played mp campaigns before. Let me know what games you guys are currently working on so I can get em ahead of time. Might be awhile if gamestop doesnt hold em, cause their 360 library is diminishing, so I may have to order them through amazon
    kbeau73
    kbeau73
    Delta-One

Post by kbeau73 Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:08 pm

I typically am on Friday nights pretty late but not always. Good to hear that you are a fellow Christian! Smile

If you check the community events it's basically what we are playing at that time. As of right now, we've been working on Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare on Monday nights and Warhammer: Vermintide on Friday nights. We're probably getting close to choosing new games. Is your Xbox Live name the same as your screen name on here? And just one other question, do you have both the 360 and the Xbox One?

Talk to you soon.
    mortioccini
    mortioccini
    Ticker

Post by mortioccini Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:35 am

Yes my gt is the same as my user name, feel free to add me. Late Friday nights will work best for me right now. Might be able to join you in your next session, Im going to have to search for my headset connector so I can chat. Ill check the community events after writing this so i know what game to get ahead of time. And 2nd yes, I do own both 360 and 1 although I currently just use my 360 for the instant offline achievements.
    Ms Dudette
    Ms Dudette
    CIC Officer

Post by Ms Dudette Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:39 pm

Welcome to the gang. This is a great place to be.
    Tho I am not the best player...I do try.
    Let me know if there is anything I can help you with.
    mortioccini
    mortioccini
    Ticker

Post by mortioccini Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:29 pm

thank you Ms Dudette. As long as you enjoy playing them it doesnt matter if you're not that good at them. I always find myself getting stuck on puzzles , or having a hard time grasping a unique controller configuration (Im looking at you Mirror's Edge). I do believe that you have some skill Smile . In the past, Ive met some deadly female snipers. Thanks for your offer, same goes with you. Im willing to buy games i dont have to get involved in gaming sessions. Im really excited for this journey cyclops
    kbeau73
    kbeau73
    Delta-One

Post by kbeau73 Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:00 pm

Talk about unique controller configurations.. check out Lumo. It's a great game but some of the mini games are a pain in the butt. Do you remember the game Marble Madness? One of the mini games is like that except your character is standing on a ball and the controls are reversed and there are many, many pitfalls.
    mortioccini
    mortioccini
    Ticker

Post by mortioccini Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:48 am

I can't recall playing either of those games but will eventually check them out.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:37 pm