Casual Xbox Gaming Community.


Minecraft Community Events, Monday and Friday evenings starting at 9pm Eastern

    New Member: CallSign IceMan

    Share
    avatar
    CallSign IceMan
    Ticker

    Posts : 36
    Join date : 2018-08-31

    New Member: CallSign IceMan

    Post by CallSign IceMan on Mon Sep 03, 2018 3:23 pm

    Hi Everyone,

    Just a quick introductory post.

    I'm a 53 yr old male who is a husband, father & Xbox gamer.
    During my years of playing Xbox, I have made many good friends who continually help me progress through games as my skill level is lacking. Smile
    They have also inspired & assistance me in being a co-admin & owner of Numb Thumbs Gaming Group.
    Now, I feel like it's time to close down NTGG due to lack of interest & would like to offer them a good replacement home.
    Hopefully that is ok in reaching out to your group.

    I'm really impressed with your forum layout ... Schedule gaming nights ticker & Topic'It mobile app integration.
    I REALLY missed our forum social aspect since I'm not able to game every night with family & real life duties.

    Currently, Forza Motorsport & Forza Horizon are my go-to games. (Xbox One & Xbox 360 versions)
    Forza Horizon 4 is on pre-order & look forward to playing it with friends.
    I also enjoy FPS / other racing games / Neverwinter / etc.

    Xbox GT is CallSign IceMan & I appreciate your time in getting to know each other.
    Please send me a friend's request or message me with any questions or comments.

    Thanks,
    John from Canada
    avatar
    JohnPicklewilly
    Delta-One

    Posts : 359
    Join date : 2016-04-12

    Re: New Member: CallSign IceMan

    Post by JohnPicklewilly on Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:05 am

    Welcome!

    We are a laid back group of gamers. We like to help others with games they're working on and unlocking achievements. There are a few folks working on Evolve on Monday nights. They're trying to get as much done as they can before the servers shut down. There are a few of us working on Gears of War: Judgement on Friday nights. You're welcome to join us on either/both nights.

    I really enjoy co-op gaming. I like all kinds of games from shooters to racing to music games. I have more games than I'll ever finish.

    I look forward to gaming with you and any other NTGG members!


    _________________
    Greg

    avatar
    mrtnmitchell
    CIC Officer

    Posts : 150
    Join date : 2016-04-12

    Re: New Member: CallSign IceMan

    Post by mrtnmitchell on Tue Sep 04, 2018 1:54 pm

    Well welcome to the group as JP has said we are a laid back group. As I like to say the more the merrier for gaming. Cant speak for the rest but lack of skill I'm at the top of that list lol but always willing to help out with achievements.
    avatar
    CallSign IceMan
    Ticker

    Posts : 36
    Join date : 2018-08-31

    Re: New Member: CallSign IceMan

    Post by CallSign IceMan on Tue Sep 04, 2018 2:39 pm

    Thank-you Gentlemen for the welcoming warm words.
    I will spread the word.

    Will check my schedule for Friday night as I have played GoW: Judgement.
    avatar
    kbeau73
    Delta-One

    Posts : 736
    Join date : 2016-04-12

    Re: New Member: CallSign IceMan

    Post by kbeau73 on Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:28 pm

    @CallSign IceMan wrote:
    I'm a 53 yr old male who is a husband, father & Xbox gamer.
    During my years of playing Xbox, I have made many good friends who continually help me progress through games as my skill level is lacking. Smile
    They have also inspired & assistance me in being a co-admin & owner of Numb Thumbs Gaming Group.
    Now, I feel like it's time to close down NTGG due to lack of interest & would like to offer them a good replacement home.
    Hopefully that is ok in reaching out to your group.

    I don't want to speak for any one else but I don't think there is a single person on this site that would consider themselves a better than average gamer in regards to skill. This group was formed a couple of years back and has held it's own. We don't have a big amount of active users but we have got some really quality people here. Since helping to create this site I've gotten to know about 5 people that I thoroughly enjoy playing with. We've got some really good people here. I totally understand what you are talking about in regards to NTGG and by the way, love the name. You and your group are more than welcome here.

    @CallSign IceMan wrote:
    I'm really impressed with your forum layout ... Schedule gaming nights ticker & Topic'It mobile app integration.
    I REALLY missed our forum social aspect since I'm not able to game every night with family & real life duties.

    Thanks, we actually just went through a make over and quite honestly I'm liking the new layout even better than the last. We've had some key members of our group either get busy with life, go through a change in gaming philosophy or just be stuck on 5 games at a time. Wink So you mentioned not being able to game every night, do you have a specific night or nights when you are able to game? Just wondering in case a future game comes up, I'd love to have you and your crew join us.

    @CallSign IceMan wrote:
    Currently, Forza Motorsport & Forza Horizon are my go-to games. (Xbox One & Xbox 360 versions)
    Forza Horizon 4 is on pre-order & look forward to playing it with friends.
    I also enjoy FPS / other racing games / Neverwinter / etc.

    I'm not all that into the Forza series but I do have some of them on my gamer tag which is going to make me play them at some point or another. I'll play just about anything. I personally am not a completionist although I will attempt to complete a game if it doesn't take more than 50 hours or 5 years of grinding. (I've given up on Gears of War Seriously lol)

    @CallSign IceMan wrote:
    Xbox GT is CallSign IceMan & I appreciate your time in getting to know each other.
    Please send me a friend's request or message me with any questions or comments.

    Thanks,
    John from Canada

    Going to send you a friend request now if I haven't already on XBL. Thanks for checking us out and I look forward to getting to know you.


    _________________
    Always looking to boost and/or play co-op so if you've got a game in mind, send me a message and I'll let you know if I've got it and would like to boost.
    avatar
    CallSign IceMan
    Ticker

    Posts : 36
    Join date : 2018-08-31

    Re: New Member: CallSign IceMan

    Post by CallSign IceMan on Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:00 pm

    Thanks again for the welcome kbeau73.

    I was not one of the NTGG founders so I can't take credit for the name. P.S. I liked it too.
    I was given the opportunity to become a co-admin after having been a member for many years.
    For me, I wanted to help serve / grow our community because it gave back to me so much more.
    Friday night is our community game night & we played different games each week.
    Sometimes the same game was played on multiple Friday's & additional nights like example Forza Horizon 3.
    Over the years, summer was always a hard time to get online due to enjoying our trailer (sold last fall) on weekends & various house projects.
    Honestly, I spend more time thinking & impending different projects than actually playing. DUH !
    On average, Friday seems to be the best night as the week tends to fill up quickly with family activities etc.

    I believe we are XBL friends.

    My pleasure & looking forward for many online laughs.

    Ice
    avatar
    Plinking22
    CIC Officer

    Posts : 38
    Join date : 2016-04-12

    Re: New Member: CallSign IceMan

    Post by Plinking22 on Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:54 am

    Welcome! I see you have ESO on your profile, If you ever feel like returning to Tamriel feel free to join me. I recently introduced my wife to the the game and much to my amazement she's really taken with it. I'm retired so you can catch me online at odd times Wink
    avatar
    CallSign IceMan
    Ticker

    Posts : 36
    Join date : 2018-08-31

    Re: New Member: CallSign IceMan

    Post by CallSign IceMan on Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:39 am

    @Plinking22 wrote:Welcome! I see you have ESO on your profile, If you ever feel like returning to Tamriel feel free to join me. I recently introduced my wife to the the game and much to my amazement she's really taken with it. I'm retired so you can catch me online at odd times Wink

    Thanks Plinking22. I would enjoy returning to Tamriel. Fair warning that I have only played ESO once. If you like ESO ... have you & your wife tried Neverwinter. It's a free game & super fun.
    XBL friend request sent.
    avatar
    kbeau73
    Delta-One

    Posts : 736
    Join date : 2016-04-12

    Re: New Member: CallSign IceMan

    Post by kbeau73 on Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:47 am

    @CallSign IceMan wrote:
    Thanks Plinking22. I would enjoy returning to Tamriel. Fair warning that I have only played ESO once. If you like ESO ... have you & your wife tried Neverwinter. It's a free game & super fun.
    XBL friend request sent.

    Speaking of Neverwinter, how many people can you play with? I enjoyed the first little bit that I played but due to my enormous backlog, I haven't been back.


    _________________
    Always looking to boost and/or play co-op so if you've got a game in mind, send me a message and I'll let you know if I've got it and would like to boost.
    avatar
    Plinking22
    CIC Officer

    Posts : 38
    Join date : 2016-04-12

    Re: New Member: CallSign IceMan

    Post by Plinking22 on Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:56 am

    I did try Neverwinter but was won over by ESO graphics, plus the Elder Scrolls lore. I'm a fairly high level and can help with most things such as questing, crafting and DUNGEONS!  I think one MMORPG in my gaming library is enough lol!
    avatar
    CallSign IceMan
    Ticker

    Posts : 36
    Join date : 2018-08-31

    Re: New Member: CallSign IceMan

    Post by CallSign IceMan on Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:56 am

    @kbeau73 wrote:
    @CallSign IceMan wrote:
    Thanks Plinking22. I would enjoy returning to Tamriel. Fair warning that I have only played ESO once. If you like ESO ... have you & your wife tried Neverwinter. It's a free game & super fun.
    XBL friend request sent.

    Speaking of Neverwinter, how many people can you play with? I enjoyed the first little bit that I played but due to my enormous backlog, I haven't been back.

    Just read... five plus yourself in a group but not confirmed.

    Sponsored content

    Re: New Member: CallSign IceMan

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:48 am