techjedi's To-Do List (June 2016)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

techjedi's To-Do List (June 2016)

Post by kbeau73 on Tue May 10, 2016 6:39 pm

Below is a list of your achievements for June 1st.

Keep in mind you aren't allowed to pre-load any achievements meaning any of the games you've got assigned you should refrain from playing until June 1st.

You had a game come up twice so I substituted the second roll and here is your list. The good news is that you probably would've have played these prior. If there is a game that you no longer have or there is an error... let me know.

Game 1.. Call of Duty: Ghosts
Achievement: Tickets please
Description: Shoot the grapple guys off the side of the train.

Game 2.. DeathSpank
Achievement: Mr. Tough Guy
Description: Reach Level 20

Game 3.. Wreckateer
Achievement: Wrecking With The Best
Description: Earn 25,000,000 total points

Game 4.. Penny Arcade Adventures
Achievement: Silent, But Deadly
Description: Fight, and destroy the final Boss without using any healing items.

Game 5.. Shoot Many Robots
Achievement: Slotally Tober Saughter
Description: Beat a tough mission without the aid of beer or resurrection!

Last edited by kbeau73 on Thu May 19, 2016 10:37 am; edited 1 time in total

Delta-One

http://casualgaming.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: techjedi's To-Do List (June 2016)

Post by techjedi on Tue May 10, 2016 9:25 pm

Well... it was a nice thought... I think I'll be chalking up a fat zero for June.
techjedi
Delta-One

Back to top Go down

Post by kbeau73 on Wed May 11, 2016 9:45 am

I'm not really sure how hard any of the 1-4 achievements are but the 5th one isn't so bad.

Delta-One

Back to top Go down

Post by techjedi on Wed May 11, 2016 10:31 am

The CoD: Ghosts achievement is one from the very last level... I've completed 5 of the 18 mission levels, so even getting to a point where I could attempt the achievement will taken quite a while for me.

The DeathSpank one is similar... when you complete the campaign, which is LONG, you're only supposed to be somewhere around level 18... and then you have to grind enemy spawns to level up. TA says it's like a solid 12 hour time investment for a full completion. "Easy" but grindy.

Wreckateer is as a game is easy... the achievement is just a matter of playing lots of rounds to eventually get a cumulative total of 25 million points. It's a fun game, requires Kinect... so it's a matter of time.

Penny Arcade is questionable... I already beat the game once, and if I have a game save prior to the final boss, it shouldn't take too much effort to gather up the required items to attempt the no-heals-boss-kill. However, I don't recall if I have a save from before the boss fight or not -- when I was playing this I wasn't really doing any multi-saves like I have with things like Saints Row. If I can't go back to some save that's reasonably close to the end boss, then I have to play through the whole game again... the 12-15 hours of turn-based RPG combat, etc.

Shoot Many Robots, I don't know that I agree with it being not so bad. I'm not really up to looking for 3 other people to co-op me through it, and I'm not sure I'm high enough level to attempt the slow and steady solo method.

I'll definitely give it a whirl for SMR and Wreckateer, and I'll see whether PAA is feasible. If those don't pan out, it'll be a good excuse to get back to CoD:Ghosts and see what I can do. DeathSpank I had previously told to die in a fire... I just never felt like I was making decent progress and was getting bored.
techjedi
Delta-One

Back to top Go down

Post by kbeau73 on Wed May 11, 2016 10:41 am

Yeah, that is the only issue with these To Do Lists... sometimes you get burned. I'm hoping I don't have any for the Guitar Hero or Rock Band ones because well, some of the skilled ones I just can't do. :p

Delta-One

Back to top Go down

Post by techjedi on Wed May 11, 2016 10:44 am

Oh, I was worried about those, too... I have 3 Rock Band titles on my tag, all with those expert mode achievements.

I'll look at setting up your random list soon. Twisted Evil
techjedi
Delta-One

Back to top Go down

Post by kbeau73 on Wed May 11, 2016 10:47 am

@techjedi wrote:Oh, I was worried about those, too... I have 3 Rock Band titles on my tag, all with those expert mode achievements.

I'll look at setting up your random list soon. Twisted Evil

I'm looking forward to it! Shocked

Delta-One

Back to top Go down

Post by techjedi on Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:32 am

June 1st... Game on!
I think my plan will be to start working on Wreckateer, and while slowly grinding out the point total I'll break from time to time and dive back into CoD: Ghosts to work my way in the campaign to the final level where that achievement is possible. Shoot Many Robots I actually need to re-download (I should still have my game saves though) to attempt the no-beer run. Deathspank and Penny Arcade Adventures: Ep1 are the toughest, since I basically need to play those all the way through, and hence I'm not anticipating even working on them.

Since I never updated here... I verified that I did NOT create any alternate game saves in PAA:Ep1, so my only save it from completing the game (at which point you cannot do anything with that save, it's done). So to even attempt any of the remaining achievements in that game, I need to play it from the start again.
techjedi
Delta-One

Back to top Go down

Post by kbeau73 on Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:49 am

I'm not sure if I would be able to help with Shoot Many Robots but if so, let me know and I can re-download it. I should still have my save file. Smile

Delta-One

Back to top Go down

Post by techjedi on Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:52 am

If I can't get that achievement the "slow and steady" way, I might take you up on the offer.
techjedi
Delta-One

Back to top Go down

Post by techjedi on Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:30 am

So... Wreckateer has been fun to jump back into, with one caveat: having been active all day (running, coaching baseball, etc), playing a game that requires me to stand and move around to fire a medieval ballista was killing my legs.
techjedi
Delta-One

Back to top Go down

Post by kbeau73 on Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:04 pm

I'm going to have to give that one another try. If I'm remembering correctly, when I went to play it it was like I had to pay so maybe I missed out on the "free-ness" Smile

Delta-One

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms Dudette on Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:15 pm

just a suggestion..if you want...
I have COD ghost complete so could take you directly to or near spot that you need.
Ms Dudette
CIC Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by techjedi on Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:21 pm

@Ms Dudette wrote:just a suggestion..if you want...
I have COD ghost complete so could take you directly to or near spot that you need.

I'm not even sure how that would work. The achievement is from the CoD:Ghosts single player campaign (no co-op available). I appreciate the gesture though! Smile
techjedi
Delta-One

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms Dudette on Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:22 pm

oh I hadnt even thought of that...sorry
Ms Dudette
CIC Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by techjedi on Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:03 am

So while I did fire up a few of the games, I never had enough success or time to complete ANY of the achievements that I had.

CoD: Ghosts -- didn't ever fire it up.
Deathspank -- didn't ever intend to fire it up.
Wreckateer -- played and had a good time, but I only made it about halfway to 25M.
Penny Arcade Adventures EP1 -- fired it up enough to see that I'd have to start a brand new game.
Shoot Many Robots -- played once and was very close (I think) to making it through a level... but never got back to it.
techjedi
Delta-One

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top