Casual Xbox Gaming Community.

We will be playing Dungeon Siege III on Monday & Friday evenings at 9pm Eastern.

Dungeon Siege III [11-9-2018] 9pm Eastern

kbeau73
    Delta-One

Dungeon Siege III [11-9-2018] 9pm Eastern

Post by kbeau73 on Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:30 am

Session Focus:
    We will go all in on the hardcore mode attempting to get as far as possible in the allotted time.

Here are some websites with builds, do some studying as it will increase our chances of finishing hardcore mode. :p I will be playing at Katarina, @mrtnmitchell will most likely be Lucas so the others need to determine which is the best character for them. In a 3 player game I'm thinking Anjali would be best but I might be bias because I love playing that char.

I will attempt to make save points for where achievements can be had for those that might not be able to attend.

Attending:
    @kbeau73

Ticker

Re: Dungeon Siege III [11-9-2018] 9pm Eastern

Post by CallSign IceMan on Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:05 pm

Planning on attending.

Sent from Topic'it App
    kbeau73
    Delta-One

Post by kbeau73 on Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:33 pm

This is where we are in the walkthrough....

The Deep Well

You will soon come to a red crystal. Interact with it to call over a platform and, while you’re waiting for it to arrive, head to your right to find a chest. Ride the platform across the gap and continue forwards. When you reach another portcullis, in a double alcove to your right will be two chests. Continue on past the portcullis and follow the path around and eventually you’ll reach a line of soldiers. Turn left before them into the narrow passageway and follow it to the end.

The Tumbledown Court

Here you’ll find a lobby, of sorts, with a save point, a shop and two rooms to the left and right. The left room contains three pieces of Lore: Spy’s Report: Jayne Kassynder, Kings and Queens of Ehb and Spy’s Report: The Spyre of Azunai. The right room contains one piece of Lore: History of Ehb. Take the stairs in the centre of the room to meet Lord Devonsey and the Queen. During the conversation, choose “I’m not sure” when prompted to gain influence with Anjali.

When the conversation is done, Phineas will run up the stairs. Speak to him to start the Side Quest: All that Glitters. At the bottom of the stairs, speak to the shopkeeper to start the Side Quest: The Prototype.

Head back down the narrow tunnel.

The Deep Well

The line of soldiers will now have dispersed so turn left when you exit the tunnel and follow the path around. Turn left when you can and you’ll meet up with Roderick again. Just past him is a save point. Continue onwards.

Southern Mining Tunnels

You will soon come to a circular room with a long path ahead of you and two short paths leading off to the sides. At the end of each side path you will find a chest. Before the archway leading to the long path you will see a corpse to the left holding a black powder satchel. Collect it and then head through the archway.

You will come to a fork in the road. Take the right path, down the ramp and follow the tracks onwards. Half way down you’ll find another black powder satchel on the left of the tracks. You’ll soon see a red crystal on the right, but first continue past it, rolling through the fire, to find a chest. Interact with the crystal to activate a floating platform above you. Return to the fork in the road and take the other path.

A short way down the left path you’ll reach a room with a group of enemies in it. Kill them and follow the tracks to the left to find a chest. Follow the tracks in the other direction and you’ll find another black powder satchel on the floor at an intersection. Continue following the tracks up the ramp and you’ll get to the floating platform and a chest.

Use the platform to cross to the other side of the cavern. As soon as you reach the other side, turn left and interact with all four of the glowing boulders for our side quest. If you head back past the floating platform and down the ramp to the right, you’ll find a chest. You can also go up another ramp here to find another chest.

Go back to the floating platform and this time head straight forwards up the ramp opposite to find another black powder satchel. As you continue on, there’ll be a chest up a short ramp to your right. You will come to another fork so head down the right path to find a room full of crystals. Shatter them to find the prototype rifle for our side quest (it’ll be in the centre, in the lowest section of this room). You will have to find it while being bombarded by cannon and attacked by spiders, so have fun. You can also find two chests in this area.

Head back and turn right once you’re out of this room. Here you’ll find three paths. The first path on the left has a lever to open a gate that leads back to an earlier section of these caves. Open it but don’t go through. The second path on the left leads to a chest. Head down the third path and you’ll reach a save point.

Beyond the save point is a small cave where you’ll fight the Azunite Lieutenant. With him defeated, there’s a mine cart at the end of the room into which you can place the black powder satchels. Do so and run away. Backtrack down the path and head to the gate you opened on the way here. Follow the path all the way back to the Deep Well.

The Deep Well

You’ll find the Deep Well is now under attack. Turn right at the entrance and follow the path all the way around to the other side (ignoring the tunnel that leads to the Queen). As you near the place you first entered this area from, a gate to your left will open for you, but first head into the double alcove ahead of you (where you found two chests earlier) to find three glowing boulders to interact with. Now head through the gate.

Here you’ll find Roderick again. After his conversation, continue onwards. You should also now have the Side Quest: Building Bridges.

Western Mining Tunnels

Follow the tracks and right on the corner ahead you should find a black powder satchel. Follow the tracks and turn right. Here you’ll be sneak-attacked by a Cyclops, but there’ll also be a chest just ahead. This is another very confusing maze of an area so you might easily get lost.

Past the chest, follow the tracks around the corner and turn left to find more Royalists under attack. Continue following the tracks and you’ll see another black powder satchel before a ramp. Head up the ramp and continue along the tracks. Soon you’ll find another black powder satchel next to a mine cart. Turn left, through some crystals, to find a chest.

Continue following the tracks and you’ll find another chest to your left. Slightly further along will be a red crystal switch. Hit it to activate a floating platform. Ride the platform across to find two chests and then ride it back. Continue along the tracks to find more Royalists. Directly ahead past the soldiers you’ll find another black powder satchel on the floor next to a corpse.

Head left, past three large cannons, and use the large floating platform to cross the gap. On the other side you’ll find another floating platform to your right, but first head past the cannons. To your left you’ll find a chest, to the right you’ll find a chest and the final five glowing boulders for our side quest. Now use the second large floating platform to find a save point.

Ahead, you’ll fight another Azunite Lieutenant. At the end of this room you’ll find a chest and another mine cart to fill with explosives. Do so and run away again. The journey back will be a lot harder as there’s a lot more soldiers and they’ve started using the cannons...

Fight your way back all the way to where you were sneak-attacked by the Cyclops guarding a chest. Once you are stood in front of that chest (where you will be attacked by soldiers this time), follow the track to the left, through two sets of arches, and then turn right (I warned you this place would be confusing).

You’ll soon reach another red crystal switch. Hit it to summon a floating platform. Instead of crossing it, turn right and follow the tracks up a ramp to another red crystal switch. This will lower another section of floating platform. Head back down the ramp and on to the first floating platform. You will now be able to turn left down another path.

Follow this path and you’ll come to what is probably the one millionth fork in this game. Turn right to find a chest. Head in the other direction and follow the tracks all the way around to a third red crystal switch. This will complete the floating path and allow the soldiers to escape. This will complete the Side Quest: Building Bridges. You will also now be able to reach three chests by backtracking and then crossing those platforms yourself. It is now time to return to the Queen.

The Tumbledown Court

Speak to Bartholomew the Shopkeeper to complete the Side Quest: The Prototype. Head up to the Queen, but first talk to Phineas to complete the Side Quest: All That Glitters. Now speak to the Queen. When prompted, select “It’ll save lives” to gain influence with Anjali. When the conversation is over, go back out to the Deep Well.

The Deep Well

After exiting the Court, turn left and follow the path all the way to the end (do not turn left into the tunnels) and Phineas will lower a platform for you. Ride it up to meet him. There is a chest to the left. Follow Phineas and defend him from the unkillable sentinels that turn up to stop you. When Phineas is done, head back down to the main path where you will meet Roderick and his cunning plan.

Follow the main path all the way around the cavern to the other side. When you get to the gate from earlier, turn right and continue onwards to find another floating platform. Ride it across and turn right. Continue following the path and you’ll reach the save point from the very beginning of this entire section. Instead of turning left to get to the save point, continue onwards and down into the pit (though you may want to visit the save point anyway, things are about to get nasty). Lord Devonsey will talk to you on the way. Ride the floating platform down and prepare for one hell of a fight.

As you’re fighting, Jeyne Kassynder will make an appearance. When prompted, select “You’re lying” to gain influence with Anjali. After the conversation is over, it’s time to face the Warbeast. He has a few attacks. One causes crystals to fall from the ceiling, he has a charge that can trample you and he can lunge with his head. All of these hurt like hell so do your best to avoid them. There will also be regular enemies running around, but luckily the Warbeast will probably kill more of these than you do.

Once the Warbeast is dead you will be returned to the Court.

The Tumbledown Court

When speaking to the Queen and Devonsey, choose “I don’t believe her” when prompted to gain influence with Anjali. Soon you will also be prompted to choose “No, I won’t” which will increase your influence with her further.

There will now be four chests waiting for you next to the Queen. Leave the Court and you’ll meet Roderick once more. He will transport you back to the Causeway.

Delta-One

Post by kbeau73 on Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:34 pm

We should easily be able to get THAT far this evening. Smile Warbeast might be a tough one though. :p

CIC Officer

Post by mrtnmitchell on Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:44 pm

I'll be there for sure. Was wondering if we would ever use this site again. Lol
    kbeau73
    Delta-One

Post by kbeau73 on Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:40 pm

@mrtnmitchell wrote:I'll be there for sure. Was wondering if we would ever use this site again. Lol

Yeah, we should really be using this if we don't want it shut down. lol

On a side note, I'm up for the 3 hour thing if anyone else is too. Let's see how our connection works tonight but if we're willing, I'm able to go as well.

CIC Officer

Post by mrtnmitchell on Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:00 pm

I'm good I'll be on tonight

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:24 am