Casual Gaming Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Casual Xbox Gaming Community.

We will be playing Burnout Paradise on Monday evenings and Strange Brigade on Friday evenings starting at 9pm Eastern

3 posters

Website Activity

kbeau73
    kbeau73
    Delta-One

Website Activity Empty Website Activity

Post by kbeau73 Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:43 pm

So this website has become quite dead lately and I'm going to attempt to revitalize it. As much as I like Discord, I also miss using this site an having our own spot on the interweb.

At one point I thought about closing this down but I like it and miss us using it more. Hopefully some others feel the same way.

mrtnmitchell
    mrtnmitchell
    CIC Officer

Website Activity Empty Re: Website Activity

Post by mrtnmitchell Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:03 am

I tried to check it everyday and I always see the same names lol.
    kbeau73
    kbeau73
    Delta-One

Post by kbeau73 Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:26 am

mrtnmitchell wrote:I tried to check it everyday and I always see the same names lol.

Yeah, we don't have a very active base but I feel like Discord is easier for quick conversations whereas the site would be better for longer conversations and also easier to find. At least that is what I'm thinking. In the end the same users basically are the one who take part in the sessions so it probably doesn't make a difference.

Just something to occupy my brain. Smile
    CallSign IceMan
    CallSign IceMan
    Ticker

Post by CallSign IceMan Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:05 am

I'm torn between using our website , Discord , XBL message , TA.
    They all are very good methods of communication with some overlap.
    It might be nice to think about streamlining methods to may it easier for mainly game scheduling which looks like a main social component of CGC.
    Also, is it possible to rally the troops to schedule a different game than posted?
    Might be a way of having more group participation.
    Other side of the coin, I would not want to draw people away from the posted scheduled game.
    kbeau73
    kbeau73
    Delta-One

Post by kbeau73 Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:20 pm

CallSign IceMan wrote:I'm torn between using our website , Discord , XBL message , TA.
    They all are very good methods of communication with some overlap.
    It might be nice to think about streamlining methods to may it easier for mainly game scheduling which looks like a main social component of CGC.
    Also, is it possible to rally the troops to schedule a different game than posted?
    Might be a way of having more group participation.
    Other side of the coin, I would not want to draw people away from the posted scheduled game.

I too am torn between all the different methods of communication. I would love to have a little brainstorming session. I'm just not totally sure of the logistics of it.

I would also LOVE to have a rally of troops. I think the hard part is getting someone to coordinate it. I don't want to be responsible for making sure everyone has a game to play. Take tonight as an example... we've got a group of people that want to play Strange Brigade which limits us to 4 people. I think that is the goal of a "Social Night" as we used to call it but no one steps up and says, "I'd like to play some Left 4 Dead... is anyone interested". I'm not sure about the best way about doing it. Maybe posting something of a sign up sheet for that particular night... or a list of games people would like help with...

I'm not sure but I would welcome any input.. I would also love the whole streamlining idea...
    CallSign IceMan
    CallSign IceMan
    Ticker

Post by CallSign IceMan Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:10 pm

The hardest thing for gaming groups is game selections.
    During NTGG days, we had the same issue.
    Please don't forget that CGC has a great core group of members.
    Maybe members can host some sessions to help.
    An old saying is that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink.

Sent from Topic'it App

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:14 pm