Casual Gaming Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Casual Xbox Gaming Community.

We will be playing Burnout Paradise on Monday evenings and Strange Brigade on Friday evenings starting at 9pm Eastern

4 posters

Potential new direction...

kbeau73
    kbeau73
    Delta-One

Potential new direction... Empty Potential new direction...

Post by kbeau73 Tue May 03, 2016 12:35 pm

Some changes might be in the works for me and my gaming schedule. I'm trying to work out a schedule that works for me, my wife and my family and it seems that lately I've been spending too much time gaming and not enough family time. I plan on definitely keeping up with the Monday and Friday night sessions but Tuesday nights are either going to be limited or I might miss them.

Another idea or thought I've been having is changing my focus on completing games to just working on the MP stuff first (making it a priority) when gaming. Since the announcement of the retiring of the Xbox 360 I've been thinking of putting more of a focus on working on the games that have multiplayer achievements. The single player stuff I can always go back to down the road. With that being said, I'll probably attempt to put together a list of games that have MP achievements to see who might want to work on them with me. I know we've still got quite a bit of distance to go in regards to Gears of War 2 & Gears of War 3 but I'm actually eager to switch it up some. Ideally I'm hoping we'll be able to pick a singular Gears game and on the other night, work on something different. We had been doing Red Dead for awhile and that was a blast.

Onto my regularly scheduled gaming news...

Still playing Tornado Outbreak but I'm much closer than I was before. I've got to finish off getting some collectables in a level and that would leave 2 left. It's an awful lot of re-playing levels to get a certain score but I think I'll watch the videos and attempt to mimic it the best I can. Even if that means a bunch of jumping back and forth. The last remaining achievement is only worth 30 gamerscore but because I'm sitting at 970/1000... it's bugging me.

Played Chariot with the wife over the weekend and it's a challenge. Not sure that I'll ever be able to get a full completion on this one but it's fun trying. She likes this game to but it's lead to a lot of fights. Mostly because I'm impatient and try doing something without her and end up dying and taking her with me. :p

Played some of Lego Batman 3 the other night, didn't get any achievements but this is one I'd like to finish up on too. My step sons half brother likes it so I was hoping he'd be able to knock off some achievements but he's not an achievement hunter.... yet! Wink

Saw the sale this week and there are a lot of titles I'm interested in but I can't see the prices on my work computer so as of right now, I haven't jumped on any of them. The ones that are sparking some interest would be Alan Wake, Star Wars the Force Unleashed, The Clone Wars, Portal Still Alive, Shadow Complex and I'm sure there might be another couple. The test will be when I finally see the prices.

I also read something last night about ID@Xbox having a big promotion this month and someone from Church has been mentioning that I should get Rocket League because we'd be able to play online together. (he's a PC gamer) If anyone has any details on that promotion, let me know.

Ok, I've babbles enough! Rock on! afro
    techjedi
    techjedi
    Delta-One

Potential new direction... Empty Re: Potential new direction...

Post by techjedi Tue May 03, 2016 1:31 pm

Yeah, Rocket League has cross-platform play for PC and Xbox One. The concept is interesting, but I've avoided it intentionally. Here's the details of the ID@Xbox promotions happening this month:
    http://news.xbox.com/2016/05/02/announcing-the-idxbox-game-fest/

I think most of the games that you listed are about $5 a piece (Star Wars: TFU, Clone Wars, Shadow Complex). Alan Wake is $10 and Portal: Still Alive is $7.50.

I hear you on the work/gaming/family balancing stuff. This starts to be a tough time for me to commit to much as my evenings start to fill up with sports (mine or the kids) and end-of-school things.
    JohnPicklewilly
    JohnPicklewilly
    Delta-One

Post by JohnPicklewilly Tue May 03, 2016 4:36 pm

Warmer weather provides many opportunities for us to get away from our consoles. Family should always come first. I have a hard time remembering that myself sometimes. My wife has no problem reminding me. I too will likely be gaming less so I can spend time doing other things. I'm wanting to shuffle my eggs about a bit so they aren't all in the same basket.
    FreakyRO
    FreakyRO
    CIC Officer

Post by FreakyRO Tue May 03, 2016 6:03 pm

Family is totally why I've been absent the past six months. Taking care of baby is awesome, don't get me wrong, but I miss yous guys.

And chariot is the devil game to play with the wife. Trust me I know Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:23 pm