Casual Gaming Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Casual Xbox Gaming Community.

We will be playing Burnout Paradise on Monday evenings and Strange Brigade on Friday evenings starting at 9pm Eastern

3 posters

Staycation here I am!

kbeau73
    kbeau73
    Delta-One

Staycation here I am! Empty Staycation here I am!

Post by kbeau73 Tue May 31, 2016 8:42 am

So I think this is going to be a really short update because I don't find myself online all that much during my time away from work. Nothing really planned for this week besides some smaller stuff. My wife and I are going for a hike today and then maybe out to a local hot dog place. We might even hit up a mini golf place but we really haven't decided yet. Tomorrow I've got lunch with a fellow church member and I think Thursday I'm going to my mother's and then installing a clothesline for my wife. Friday I don't have anything planned and it'll more than likely be my chill out day.

One personal goal I have for this week it to work on some of my backlogged games and I'm happy to say that last night I popped in Cabela's Trophy Bucks. It's an easy completion but one I've been putting off for way too long. With the To-Do List Challenge I'm probably going to focus on those specific games but I won't be able to start that until tomorrow June 1st.

Some of our sessions have been a bit rough lately and I know others have been frustrated just like I've been. It got me thinking to about what we are really trying to do here. We like to play games to have fun, not sit in a menu and attempt to connect to a game for a hour or so and then lose precious game time. So I sort of implemented a new rule which I think will help us all, on those tougher achievement nights we're going to attempt to connect to matches for 15 minute and then if we can't, we'll switch to another achievement / mode I believe this will help us be more productive and less frustrated.

I've also recently started back up with Resident Evil 5 with JohnPicklewilly and I've forgotten how much I like that game. We're already at least halfway through the game but we've got another playthrough when this one is done. We also started and finished the campaign in Resident Evil ORC on casual so I'm sure at some point we'll ramp it up some. This week has reminded me why gaming is so much fun.

On another brief topic, I've had some discussions with some members and I'm thinking about starting up a Tuesday night session for any basic random games some people might want to play. There is already a Far Cry 2 session going on at 7 so if I was to make another, it would probably be for 9pm. There isn't really going to be a specific game we're going to work on, it'll be more of a social event. As an example, people post what they'd like to play and if anyone wants to join in, great. If not we can still all get in the same party to be social while we are gaming. Might be a good time for some of us to work on their to-do lists. I know I personally need some help with Turok and I think some others need some help too. Just let me know what your thoughts may be.
    JohnPicklewilly
    JohnPicklewilly
    Delta-One

Staycation here I am! Empty Re: Staycation here I am!

Post by JohnPicklewilly Tue May 31, 2016 10:00 am

I think I'm going to have a staycation soon as well. There are lots of little projects I want to get done around the house.

I like the idea of having a social game night on Tuesday nights. I would likely participate. It would be great if we could find a few games to select from that we could play regardless of the number of participants. I will look through the games I have later and come up with suggestions.
    kbeau73
    kbeau73
    Delta-One

Post by kbeau73 Tue May 31, 2016 10:39 am

JohnPicklewilly wrote:I think I'm going to have a staycation soon as well.  There are lots of little projects I want to get done around the house.

I like the idea of having a social game night on Tuesday nights.  I would likely participate.  It would be great if we could find a few games to select from that we could play regardless of the number of participants.  I will look through the games I have later and come up with suggestions.

The main thing I wouldn't want to do is to interfere with the Far Cry 2 session. I think it's a good idea and that might be a good night we work on RE5 or maybe RE: ORC if someone is interested. Unless you were talking about another idea. Smile
    JohnPicklewilly
    JohnPicklewilly
    Delta-One

Post by JohnPicklewilly Tue May 31, 2016 11:38 am

I will be happy to work on RE5 or RE:ORC. Those games, however, are limited in the number of people that can play. Or were you looking to start up a "co-op night" where folks get together and play through a game together?
    techjedi
    techjedi
    Delta-One

Post by techjedi Tue May 31, 2016 1:00 pm

The idea is basically to just have a night where we could just hang out while gaming. Some might work on single-player, some in co-op or multiplayer... basically a sort of free-for-all, with a social element.

My example might be... "I need go back and work on Gears3 collectibles, so I am planning on working on those by zipping through the campaign on Casual... if someone wants to join me, awesome but not required. But if someone wanted to goof around with Dungeon Defenders or Happy Wars or whatever, I might opt to join in that instead."

We could either figure it out on the fly when everyone is in party chat, or do a little pre-organization here like Kbeau mentioned...
    JohnPicklewilly
    JohnPicklewilly
    Delta-One

Post by JohnPicklewilly Tue May 31, 2016 1:16 pm

Got it! So we can basically all do our own thing together. I like the social element as well as not needing to coordinate a group into a session. A "free for all" of sorts.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 1:31 pm