Casual Gaming Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Casual Xbox Gaming Community.

We will be playing Burnout Paradise on Monday evenings and Strange Brigade on Friday evenings starting at 9pm Eastern

2 posters

Pimping Out My XOne

JohnPicklewilly
    JohnPicklewilly
    Delta-One

Pimping Out My XOne Empty Pimping Out My XOne

Post by JohnPicklewilly Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:33 am

So, it looks like these Xbox things are going to be around for awhile.  Very Happy   I decided to embellish mine a bit.  I bought the Elite Controller.  I've only used it for a day.  Already I like it.  I love the D Pad!  And I can map each button and trigger on the thing...Handy!  I'll let you know how it goes as I use it more.

A few months ago I saw something advertised that I thought was rather clever.  It's a hard drive enclosure for the Xbox One.  It's a thin extension of the XOne case that plugs into the USB port on the left side.  You can put a hard drive in it.  It also has three USB ports on the front.  Here  is a picture of the enclosure:
    Pimping Out My XOne Case_zpsbgyjx2ns

And here's what it looks like installed:
    Pimping Out My XOne Installed_zpsmzpgngbp
    The enclosure is $30.  I got a 2 TB hard drive for for $105.  It took about 15 minutes to install.  A relatively inexpensive way to add storage (and additional USB ports).

Happy gaming!
    techjedi
    techjedi
    Delta-One

Pimping Out My XOne Empty Re: Pimping Out My XOne

Post by techjedi Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:34 pm

That's actually a pretty cool add-on, I like the attention to detail and avoiding the simple cord extension unit design.

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 3:53 am