Casual Gaming Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Casual Xbox Gaming Community.

We will be playing Burnout Paradise on Monday evenings and Strange Brigade on Friday evenings starting at 9pm Eastern

3 posters

Sever closings, GRAW 2 and TA boosting sessions

kbeau73
    kbeau73
    Delta-One

Sever closings, GRAW 2 and TA boosting sessions Empty Sever closings, GRAW 2 and TA boosting sessions

Post by kbeau73 Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:00 pm

Servers being shut down really stink. I get the whole idea and totally understand it for games that are older but I still don't like it. Luckily of the games announced with closing servers I only had one of them... GRAW 2. I really hadn't put a whole heck of a lot of effort into it until recently and now I'm wishing I had. The good news is that I believe I'll be able to get all of the achievement prior to the server closing on September 24.

Speaking of GRAW 2, I've enjoyed playing this game and would've probably enjoyed it more if I didn't HAVE to get the achievements done in a timely fashion. Thanks to @JohnPicklewilly I was able to knock off a bunch of the 5+ gamertag achievements last weekend. We also attempted some of the co-op stuff but prior to last night I had a long way to go. Last night I jumped into a 10:30pm session out of necessity and it was a great session. We were able to knock off the 3 maps I needed to complete the campaign mode. I stuck around to help out on map 6 but we got killed at the very end. I didn't want to but I told the guys I couldn't stick around which was ok because technically the gaming session ended at 11:30.

Seeing as I've recently joined a bunch of random sessions and even hosted one I thought I'd give my views on that. I've had a lot of fun in the sessions I've been a part of and other than a guy taking over my session, they all went off without any major issues. I think I'm going to plan on joining more sessions in the future and perhaps even make more sessions.

I'll be heading off for the weekend but will be checking in. I'm thinking my achievement streak is going to end and that's fine with me. While I would love to hit the 100 mark, it's not the end of the world for sure. I may however pick up Minecraft for iOS and attempt to get an achievement. I'm also going to bring my X1 in case me and my buddy get bored or want to play some over the weekend. We're going to my cousins house in NJ and he's a gamer... mostly WW2 strategy games but a gamer none the less. I don't see him ever jumping into the console thing but you never know. Smile

Anyway, have a great weekend all and I'll catch up with you on Monday night!
    techjedi
    techjedi
    Delta-One

Sever closings, GRAW 2 and TA boosting sessions Empty Re: Sever closings, GRAW 2 and TA boosting sessions

Post by techjedi Thu Sep 15, 2016 7:53 pm

I didn't think Minecraft for iOS had achievements that would show up here. Is that a new thing that Microsoft implemented?
    JohnPicklewilly
    JohnPicklewilly
    Delta-One

Sever closings, GRAW 2 and TA boosting sessions Empty Re: Sever closings, GRAW 2 and TA boosting sessions

Post by JohnPicklewilly Thu Sep 15, 2016 9:17 pm

Microsoft recently updated Minecraft Pocket Edition to include achievements. You can see the achievement list here.
    kbeau73
    kbeau73
    Delta-One

Post by kbeau73 Mon Sep 19, 2016 12:43 pm

Yeah, I was able to use Minecraft for iOS to extend my streak. Then Saturday I used Solitaire for Win10. Smile Cheeky but it still counts. Smile

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 9:38 pm